Chapter Eighty-One - Layla

Start from the beginning

"Something like that.  So let's get the server to come and you can place our order."

He motions for the server to come and within seconds they are here.  I look around to see if they just stand by to be available when needed, but I didn't see any others who aren't already at tables.

"Hello, my name is Dani, what can I get for the two of you tonight?"

"Dani, Kehlani  will be placing our order tonight.  It's her first time dining here, so make it special for her."

"We always aim to please, Preston.  Ms. Kehlani, what can I get for you?"

She's super friendly.  She knows him by name.  He definitely comes here often or he's fucking her.

"Oh, okay.  The grilled snapper looks amazing, but I'm usually a  fried food girl, so —"

"We will have both."

I look at Preston and he is staring straight in my eyes.  Damn.

"What else, Ms. Kehlani?"

Preston speaks before I can.

"I was serious Kehlani, order everything you want to try."

He left no room for arguing with that tone.

"Ok, don't say I didn't warn you.  Remember, I'm pregnant."

They both laugh and I continue.

"We will have the chicken wings, and coconut shrimp for an appetizer, but the small orders.  We need room for everything else.  For the main dishes, the grilled and fried snapper, jerk shrimp, scorched lobster tail, and the fried shrimp platter.  We will have fries and rice for all of our sides, but throw in something green so it's healthy.

I'll wait on dessert because I don't know if I'll be having it.  For the drinks, I'll have sparkling water and a virgin Bahama Mama.  You can bring Preston a regular one and water.  He'll order his own drinks other than that."

"Damn beautiful."

I went overboard.  I looked towards Preston and he had a stupid smile on his face.  I told him it was a lot.

"Are you happily married?  Ever thought about trading in for a new model?  You just stole my heart."

You have no idea.

"I'm going to go out on a limb and say you either never tried or you don't like conch."

"I've never tried it.  It's literally a snail.  I can't get over the idea of eating a snail."

"Well you are going to try it tonight.  Dani, let us add a seafood platter with grouper fingers, conch, and lobster.  Kalani is a fried food lover so make it all fried.  We want to try all of the dipping sauces as well.

Since it's a lot, please decrease the portion sizes.  Bring our dishes out in intervals, that way everything is hot and fresh.  Oh, don't forget to add something green to make it healthy."

I know he did that so that I wouldn't be self-conscious about over eating.  I appreciate him for even considering it.

"No problem.  You had some excellent choices Ms. Kehlani.  Is there anything else before I go to place your order?  You can always add to it at any time."

"Please just call me Kehlani.  It does not look like you are that much younger than me. And that's enough food for tonight."

She looks at Preston and he gives a small nod.  Is he telling her to poison me or something?  It would be my luck to run into a sexy serial killer who has a fetish for pregnant women.