Chapter Eighty-One - Layla

"So, what brings you to the Bahamas?"

This man is so damn fine.  I don't know if it's just my hormones or if I'm just pissed at Roman for cheating on me.  I've never taken the time to notice other men.

"I'm on my babymoon."

"Where's your husband?  Shouldn't he be here with you on your babymoon?  Isn't that how it works, I never had one myself."

He left me for his babymama who just gave birth to their child.

"How do you know I am married?"

"Beautiful, anyone within ten miles should be able to see that ring on your finger."

I looked down at my hand and stared at my wedding ring.  I guess I should take it off.  But technically I'm still married until the judge signs off.

"Well, my husband decided that we needed — he decided it would be a good idea for me to come with my bestie."

The only problem is, she's no longer my bestie.

"Where's the bestie?"

He asks a lot of questions.  He must have noticed my hesitation.

"Sorry if it's too personal.  You don't have to answer.  I'm just making conversation."

"You're fine.  She came with my brother, her fiancé.  So I'm giving them the space to be with each other."

And she betrayed me.

"Well this may be a little straight-forward, but how is she on a babymoon with you and pre-honeymooning with her fiancé at the same time?"

Because I never really mattered.

"It's okay really.  Contrary to what people believe, I'm capable of being on my own."

Damn sure didn't need a backstabber for a babysitter.

"I see there's more to the story.  I don't think you are incapable of being on your own.  In just the twenty minutes I've been in your company, I can see that fierceness behind those sad beautiful eyes."

Great.  Now it's apparent to the world that I am pathetic and weak.

"I thought I was strong enough to face the world but I was mistaken.  My family and friends all think that I'm just weak and too simple minded.  If you stick around long enough, you will too."

"I'm always up for a challenge.  What are you thinking about ordering?  I'm a seafood lover myself."

I think I just found a new friend.

"I love seafood and I love to eat.  I haven't decided yet, there's too much I want to try. Being pregnant isn't helping."

"In that case, why not order everything you want to try."

You will think I am a pig.

"It's too much.  I couldn't possibly eat all of it."

"Then order and we will share.  That way it doesn't go to waste and you get to taste everything you want."

"Are you sure?  You may not want some of the things I want."

"Listen beautiful, there's nothing on this menu that I wouldn't enjoy eating, trust me."

He smiles at me.  He has a beautiful smile, perfect teeth. His hair is even beautiful.  His man bun adds to his sex appeal.  Snap out of it Layla.

"You must come here often?"