Chapter 27: One little lie

Start from the beginning

"Oh my God." I looked at my phone in disbelief. "Are you serious?"

"Yes." She laughed. "But whoever it is, he knows how to handle technology, you should be careful. Oh, I also made sure he didn't have a chance to hack into your phone. So far he could have done it without you noticing, so if you had any pictures there... you should accept that he may have them."

"Good to know." I laughed, but without any worries. If he wanted my half-naked photos, he just had to go to my socials. "I can't thank you enough for this. I really can't."

"Don't worry about it." She nudged my shoulder. "You're more fun than Sebbie, so you saved me."

"He's usually not that uptight around pretty women." I put my hands behind me and leaned on them.

"Pretty women?" She raised an eyebrow and scanned my face with a smaller smile.

Oh yes, we are officially flirting.

"If I was sure that Sebbie wouldn't rip my head off..." She shook her head with a laugh but didn't finish her thought.

"No, no, go on. What did you want to say?" I couldn't help a smile.

This is probably a bad idea, especially after I was wet for Acker a few minutes ago.

"You like pissing him off, don't you?" She laughed.

"It became my hobby." I shrugged my shoulders.

"He's definitely excited."

"You can't imagine." I shook my head laughing at the memory of kissing a woman in a club after he told me not to touch any guy.

"But he's a little different since I last saw him." She looked at the door and narrowed her eyes.

"In what way?" I straightened up.

"Well, first of all, more protective. Second, he doesn't have ten women hanging on him, which is really strange because the only time I've ever seen him like that was when he was being shot at." She laughed and stood up. She walked over to the pizza and took another slice. "And he's still here."

"Why should it be strange that he's still here?" I frowned.

"You said Theo was here, didn't you?" I nodded, not knowing where she was going with this. "He went to New York to solve the problem." I nodded again. "So why didn't he come back?"

"What?" I frowned.

"Since everything is settled, they don't need him there anymore. And if you have a problem here, he should be here, not Sebbie." I stopped at her words.

"What do you mean it's all settled?"

"You didn't know." It wasn't a question.

"Oh wow." I snorted. "Assholes." I shook my head. "Of course, Theo didn't come." I stood up. "It's only me, after all. Not anything that matters."

"Maya..." Nyx started.

I turned around and zipped up my travel bag, at that moment the door opened and Acker was standing in it. I didn't even look up at him because if I looked at him I would explode and kill him.

"Are you okay?" He closed the door behind him. "Maya?"

I clenched my jaw but didn't say anything to him.

"Nyx, what the hell did you say to her?" Out of the corner of my eye, I caught him approaching her.

"Probably something I shouldn't have." She murmured.

"Maya..." He walked up to me and reached out his hand as if to touch me.

"Don't you dare." I pulled away from him. "Fucking liar." I looked at him with disgust.