Chapter 27: One little lie

Comenzar desde el principio

"I have a stalker and Acker is playing a hero. Theo was here from the beginning, but then he had to leave to deal with something in New York. I can take care of myself, but no one noticed that."

"Maybe you should treat them like your father. Maybe they would realize then." She shrugged.

"Huh, I can try." I laughed.

"Uuuh, I'd like to see that. Someone kicking down Sebbie's thirty feet ego."

"Do you know him well?" I sat on the bed.

"I lived with him and his family at one time so I know enough. Sebbie isn't bad, but Kai has a special place with me. But shh."

"Jeez, how many siblings does he have?" I frowned.

"Killian, Kai, Finn, and Valentina.

"Oh wow, I didn't know he had a sister." I didn't even know he had so many siblings. I basically know nothing about him when I think about it.

"Don't worry, those people have trouble talking about family. They're afraid someone will use it against them." She shrugged. "A year ago it would have been me." She said more quietly, but not with shame.

"So what are you doing here? Work?" I tried to keep the conversation going.

"I was looking for someone, but they found me. But I have it under control. I think."

"You can find people?" I frowned.

"Of course." She smiled. "I'm the best."

"Really?" That's when it occurred to me. "Would you be able to find someone through messages?"

"Do people breathe oxygen?" She snorted. "Who do you want to find?"

"My stalker. Acker said Theo couldn't find him." I took out my cell phone from my back pocket. "Do you think you could find something?"

"Oh please, easy." She jumped off the table and sat next to me. She took the phone from my hand and didn't even ask for the password, she just opened it in seconds.

"The police have already gone through the texts and Acker bought me a new card. I don't know if..."

"If it was in this phone, it didn't just disappear." She interrupted me while clicking something.

My mobile screen was suddenly black with some white characters and letters on it.

She was so focused that I just stayed silent and let her work.

"Huh." She frowned. "That's strange."

"What's strange?" I tried to find out from the screen, but I can't understand anything.

"Those messages were sent from this phone."

"What?" I looked at her in shock.

"Exactly. It's not possible." She turned the phone over and took it out of the case, which she threw on the bed. She took it apart as if she was looking for something. "There must be something here." She looked through it carefully, but in the end, she found nothing.

"How could those messages have been sent from my phone?" I'm getting more and more confused.

"I thought you'd have some kind of chip in your phone, but you don't, so those messages would have to be sent through about a hundred servers. It's impossible to determine the exact location, where were they originally sent from."

"So you can't find who it is." I let out a disappointed breath.

"I didn't say that." She pointed at me with her finger and got back to the phone. "I can't tell you exactly where the messages were sent from, but..." She started clicking something again. "If he gets your number again and texts you." She picked up her phone to show me the screen. "You will know his approximate location." She smiled. "I set your phone to do it automatically for you, so you just read the message right away and send Sebbie after him." She handed me her cell phone. "See? Not hard."