|. Chap 1: 'Chai and me'

" Good morning Mumbai

" Good morning Mumbai. This is RJ Anjana from Radio Joogle... your door to the world!!!Welcome to another episode of your favourite show... Morning Vision..the vision through the world....Ok...hope all of you had a good night sleep...have a fresh morning...oh what a cool day it is today after the spell of rain yesterday..hope it continues to rain daily...climate will be cool and our water woes will also be solved. Along with your coffee or tea...continue to tune in to listen to today's news headlines by Tina...I will catch you all after that.."

It is Monday and the time is 7 am. The daily drama in every Indian middleclass household once again begins.

People finished their jogging session and is having their daily cup of refreshment along with their favorite newspaper. They gulp every piece of information and gets up to watch the television to see the same news in the news channel.

The husbands are getting ready for the office with their wives running behind them with their tiffin, wallet and watch. After sending the husbands, the next step is waking up their small and big kids and making them ready for the school with some flying chappals and scoldings.

Listening to the yelling from the neighborhood, Ayahza wakes up and switch offs the alarm before it rings.

" Arey yaar, here begins the torture week again !" Muttering some curses, Ayahza lifted her sleepy body and rubs her eyes.

"Good morning to me. God, please give strength to run this day without any jumping into any problems. And please finish this week soon and bring my favorite saturday and sundays. "

She picks up the phone and checks any messages from school. Sighing, she kept it back and untangled her hair before tying it in a bun.

"Let's start the routine Ayahzaaaa...."

She wore her chappals and started arranging her bed before going to freshen up. After wiping her face with a towel, she took her work clothes from the wooden cupboard, ironed them and placed it on her bed neatly.

After wearing the outfit, she styled her look with her favorite silver jhumkas, bindi. She left her shoulder length wavy hair open. Completing her task, she glanced at herself for a minute and started her self-talks.

" Ayahaza, congratulations, you survived another day of life. All the best for this week. And I hope you can make the best of it. Don't forget to drink your chai, deviate poppy from marriage talks and torture the kids. " She smirked and patted her shoulder. " And ....You....Ayahza, you are strong, not weak. You can handle yourself. Don't permit your emotions to control you. Hide them. Always be positive. Don't give a flying duck to others judgement.....And most importantly, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. And no one can ever find a beauty like you anywhere...mind it."

Finishing her speech, Ayahza rushed downstairs. She opened the front door and took the milk bottle and newspaper.

Closing the door, she went to the kitchen and started preparing her 'Almond Chai' her own innovated version while humming a song.