trigger warnings ;

trigger warnings ;

a. mentions of smoking

you had spent the night in your car, sleeping in the backseat, while parked outside of a 24-hour shop

you had spent the night in your car, sleeping in the backseat, while parked outside of a 24-hour shop. the previous day you bought two suitcases, which you filled with the things packed in the boxes, and something to eat for dinner. 

you were currently on your way back to the college to visit jean's dorm, even though you told him you can't be there. you were thankful no one knew your car, apart from your friends, so you were able to park it close to the college.

you quickly made your way to the dorms area, looking around for any student. you knocked on jean's door and it was immediately opened for you. your eyes met marco; jean's roommate.

"oh, y/n! good morning"

"morning, marco"

he allowed you to enter, closing the door behind him. you coughed from the amount of smoke in the room, feeling your eyes tear up from it. there were two packets of cigarettes lying on the floor, both of them empty.

your eyes widened when you saw jean with another cigarette between his lips. red eyes locked on your bloodshot ones, sending shivers down your spine.

"i'll leave the two of you alone" marco said, nervously chuckling.

even after the boy left, none of you said anything. you just kept staring into each other's eyes. whether they were all red or not, both pairs held pain in them. yours pain and regret, and his pain and betrayal.

you knew jean had too much pride to talk first —even if he was the one to text you— so you walked towards him.

"you're doing no good to yourself by smoking all those packets"

he shrugged his shoulders, as he went to light another one up. you took it from his hands, along with the half-empty packet that rested on the wooden table.

"you're high as fuck"

"and you smell like wine"

your faces were inches away, and all you wanted was to lean in and kiss him— yet you couldn't. you stepped back and walked away, first to open the balcony door, and then go to the kitchen. you filled a glass with cold water and made your way to where he was.