The sudden attack of the crow spooked the children once again as they ran into the mansion screaming and crying. You reached out a hand to try and stop them but it was too late as you gritted your teeth and grabbed your crow by the legs and threw it at the newly closed door of the mansion.

The crow managed to avoid its fate by flapping its wings as it safely landed on the ground and started pointing its wings at you accusingly whilst scolding you for trying to hurt it.

You only scowled down at the crow before pinching the bridge of your nose with closed eyes. You sighed as you threw your hands in the air in an 'I give up' fashion before turning around and walking where the other victims sat with their jaws agape.

"I- Miss aren't you gonna go after them??" One of the civilians asked as I shook my head in response.

"No sir, I sense that they've run into the two demon slayers so they'll be fine under their watch." I spoke reassuringly as they reluctantly nodded in understanding.

"But what will you do while they fight the demons inside and protect the children at the same time?.." The injured demon slayer asked with genuine curiosity as I glanced at him nonchalantly.

"I'll be here watching over that box and all of you. You'll never know what could attack all of you unexpectedly..most specifically who would attack the kid inside the box..." You said, mumbling the last sentence to yourself as you scratch your head and deadpanned at your crow that still continues to scold you for trying to hurt it.

The civilians could only watch in fear and amusement as the crow proceeded to use its colorful vocabulary to scold you.

This continues on for a few more minutes as you paced back and fort impatiently as you kept track of their auras inside the mansion.

Tanjiro POV :

I blinked in shock as I heard the beat of a drum over and over again. The room changing each time just like [Last name]-Sama had warned us about as I looked around with furrowed brows.

When the rooms stopped changing and the drum stopped beating, I felt a sweat drip down my cheek as I warily scanned the new room we were in.

'The room changed..or were we moved?....I've got to follow the drum.' I thought to myself as I felt the little girl trembling in my arms which immediately caught my attention and soften my expression at the sight of her scared figure.

I gently grabbed her arms as I looked down at her with a soft smile. "I'm sorry you got separated from your brother.." I slightly pulled away to look at her tearful eyes as I moved my hands to hold onto her shoulders reassuringly.

"But I promise I'll protect you!..and I'm sure Zenitsu will protect your brother too.." I reassured her as I gently wiped away her tears with my calloused fingers.

The little girl sniffled as she looked up at me with her lips pursed, still slightly scared but much calmer than she was before.

"What's your name?" I asked as i watched the little girl blink and reply with a small shaky voice.

"..Teruko.."

"So it's Teruko.." I felt my smile widen as I softly caressed her cheek. "That's a nice name!.." I complimented before perking up at the stench that suddenly evaded my senses as i turned to the open door with a wary expression as I sensed the demonic scent coming closer.

The heavy footsteps got closer as a large demon with drums sticking out of its body revealed itself through the opened door. I gritted my teeth as I moved my hand over Teruko's mouth that silenced whatever noise she almost made just now.

'of all the scents around..this one is all over the place..." I thought as I stared at the tall drum demon with furrowed brows.

'It must have eaten many people!..he's also the last of the house..' I narrowed my eyes at the demon as I watched it stand there as if it was trying to track something down.

This is bad..

-----------------

[A/N : Here's an accurate chibi art of your uniform and backpack because I don't think I've ever given it a proper description

[A/N : Here's an accurate chibi art of your uniform and backpack because I don't think I've ever given it a proper description. Why don't you have a Haori? Well do you really want more weight to be added to your body with your already heavy bag?..that's all, thank you for reading this chapter of Time tells! Have a nice day!]

Chibi base was taken from ibispaint and the rest was me :]