13. 😐︎♋︎❍︎♋︎♎︎□︎ ❄︎♋︎■︎🙰◆︎❒︎ō

(Kamado Tanjurō)

The summer came and went, as did the fall

A letter from Rengoku Kyōjurō came from a talking crow, but Chara wasn't literate enough to read it. She managed a decent enough amount to figure out what he was trying to say (she thinks). Something about flames and becoming pillars or something? Anyway, she tried and wrote a reply that was mostly a 'Hello', 'I'm okay', and 'How are you?' with the name he gifted her signed at the end. The crow took her letter as soon as she turned to try to talk to it, and it flew like nobody's business.

With Tanjurō being sick, he no longer accompanied his son to the village to sell charcoal.

Chara had made sure he wouldn't so much as think about it, standing in the corner with a watchful eye. Whenever he moved, her gaze turned sharp and he
would gulp and try his best to ignore how she was one quick movement away from calling his wife.

His skin gained a pale, sickly tinge and his eyes and hair no longer seemed so vibrant. He had lamented the way his looks seemed to be escaping him. He missed being young and healthy, looking as nice and handsome as Tanjirō. At least someone in the Kamado family could carry on his handsome good looks.

Chara tended to him whenever Kie couldn't, but there were times where she left her post at the corner of the room. And those were the times that he would stir up all sorts of trouble.

Chara would constantly catch him trying to get up and leave the house to do work, whether it was to chop wood or fan flames. He always got this wide-eyed, deer-in-headlights look when he realized
she saw him.

She would then call out
"moooooOoO000MMMM", and Kie
would come out with a rolling pin and the rest is history.

Not to mention, the guy friend that kept coming over.

Tanjurō thinks his name is Douma, but he isn't sure. Chara barely ever speaks, much less about him, and the others haven't had a full conversation with him yet. He always seems to be following his eldest daughter like a puppy, pretty much tied at the waist with her.