3(edited)

Waking up on the same cold floor, I opened my swellen eyes. I rubbed them and staired in the mirror, which was in front of me

Chuckle

"Jungkookie, please open the door, baby," I heard my eomma softly knocking and calling my name. I couldn't face her in my current state, but her persistent pleas tugged at my heart.

"Jungkookie, baby, please, your Appa is also worried. Please, my baby," her voice urged me, and I realized I couldn't ignore her any longer. With a deep breath, I gathered myself and opened the door slowly.

"Oh, my Jungkookie, what happened?" Eomma's eyes widened as she took in my disheveled appearance. My face was badly swollen, with tears staining my cheeks and my lips dark red from constant biting.

She gently cupped my face, wiping away the tears and planting a tender kiss on my forehead. "Eomma... he cheated, Eomma," I choked out through my sobs, and Eomma pulled me into a comforting embrace.

"Eomma, why did he have to? Am I not good enough, Eomma? He always said I was perfect, but what happened now? Am I not perfect anymore? He said he loved me with all his heart. Where did that love go, Eomma, where?" I cried out, letting all my pent-up emotions pour out. Eomma held me close, patting my back and cupping my tear-stained face.

"My Jungkookie, it's okay. You're perfect, my love. Please don't say that. You need to fight; don't let those feelings consume you, love, please," she reassured me, wiping my tears away. I hugged her tightly, trembling, and she continued to rub my back until I finally pulled away.

"Go wash your face, Jungkookie. Your father wants to talk to you, and you know he won't like to see you sad," Eomma advised. I nodded and headed to the bathroom, washing my face. As I looked in the mirror, I harshly wiped my tears away, reminding myself that I was strong.

"Appa, you wanted to talk to me?" I asked as I entered my father's study. He nodded and motioned for me to sit down.

"Jungkookie, I heard you agreed to the marriage," he mentioned. I nodded, after a few minutes, not really caring about the specifics at this point.

"That's good, Jungkookie. I'd like you to meet him. He's a very good guy, I promise," Appa reassured me. I nodded and managed a small smile, even though the thought of marriage made my chest tighten.

"So, should I call him today? Would you like to meet him today?" Appa asked, and I furrowed my brow, wondering why there was such a rush.

"Sure, Appa, but why the hurry?" I asked. Appa's expression tensed, and he hesitated before speaking.

"Um, Jungkookie, it's about our business trip. Your Eomma and I are going to New York, and we'll be staying there. We wanted you to have someone with you because we have to leave in three days," he explained. My eyes widened at the news and the timing of it all.

"App—" I started, but Appa interrupted, "I hope you don't have any problems. You may leave now." I couldn't believe this; they were telling me now, just before they were about to leave.

"Eomma, I'm in my room. Call me when he's here," I said as I walked away, avoiding her gaze. I couldn't face her; I couldn't face anyone.

Why did everyone want to leave me in such a hurry? Did they see me as a burden? Why? Why were they all in such a rush?

How helpless do I look so so helpless like someone  has beaten me up

"      ____________________________

Not friends,
Not enemies,
Just strangers
with some memories.