15

Jisung was anxious to go out that night.

He was on edge, nervously looking around him as if he expected cameras to jump out of nowhere any moment. It affected the way he moved through the city, it left a mark on his ability to let his gaze weave through the darkness in search of calamity. He was distracted and antsy, which wasn't a good state of mind for the local superhero.

He even had to lower the speed in which he leaped between buildings, for it was becoming dangerous in his current state. What if he lost his footing and plummeted down to the ground, all because he was distracted? He couldn't have that, so he took a safer pace as he kept an eye out for news reporters armed with cameras and microphones. It was so bad that he forgot about his original purpose, and as much as he was aware of it, he couldn't help it. The hero became the talk of the town, and he feared that Seoul's citizens would come and look for him.

He had to avoid that.

Oh, how he wished that he was still the town's rumor, numerous stories about him circulating but neither of them confirmed. Now he had been all over the news, and the hero who prevented a tragic bus incident was the big scoop of Seoul.

Jisung was pretty much useless right now, or at least, that was how he felt. He was out of focus, out of shape, slowly losing his mind as his countless thoughts swallowed him whole. What was he supposed to do with his current state of mind? It was impossible for him to concentrate on his task, but he refused to retreat and go home. No, he wouldn't give in.

As his mind continued to crumble, he had totally lost attention for his surroundings. In his daze, he utterly missed the ledge, his fingers idly raking through the vacant air and the sole of his feet slipping off the roof.

A silent scream fell of his lips as time seemed to draw to a halt. The hero remained mid-air for but a second, before gravity started pulling him down to the streets below. His arms were flailing, his legs kicking uselessly as he tried so hard to keep himself from plummeting down. But it was pointless.

Han Jisung possessed many different superpowers, but none of them would prevent him from falling down when he was already going down, nor would they protect him from colliding with the concrete that awaited him. He was far from invincible. He was doomed.

But a hand latched around his, and his lethal freefall was drawn to a halt as he was pulled upward and collided with someone's chest. This time he let out a little yelp, and tightly wrapped his arms around his savior in fright.

"Hey, easy now," a familiar voice said quietly. "I caught you, you're safe."

"M-Min?" Jisung asked between ragged breaths, his anxious heart stilling in shock as he realized that he had pulled his nemesis into a tight, anxiety-fueled hug. But as much as it shocked him, he didn't feel an ounce of the much-expected disgust. There was none of that, and if any, he managed to calm down in the arms of his fellow superhuman.

"Yep, it's me," the Black Blur confirmed, letting go of Jisung and pulling him away from the rooftop's edge. He took a step back to observe Jisung, and the hero was so glad that his mask hid his furious blush. They hugged? That was not good.

"You're not hurt, are you?" his enemy asked after letting his eyes run over the hero's form. Worry was etched onto his features, which surprised the hero.

Jisung shook his head. "Uh, thanks."

Min seemed to relax, instantly going back to his confident villain-act. A loose smirk fell upon his lips, as he now regarded Jisung with a whole different attitude.

"So, Han, finally decided to claim the spotlights?" he asked, clearly amused. "I thought you said you didn't want fame, but you're literally the talk of the town. You've even beaten me."