09

Running into the Black Blur at work definitely messed with Jisung's head.

The hero couldn't stop thinking about it. It was so weird to run into him in such a mundane setting, for all the times he had seen him was atop a roof, wrapped in their superhero suits. But it did make sense, right? Jisung was a superhuman who lived a somewhat normal life as the sun lit the world. Of course it was the same for the Black Blur. He didn't magically appear as the moon rose; he too pretended to live a normal life by day, only coming out to play when the shadows of the night wrapped around him. Just like Jisung did.

Yet, seeing him like that made the hero awfully aware of that fact. Dressed in casual clothes as he strolled into the Seven-Eleven like any human being would do, his pretty lips for once not curled up in that cat-like grin of his. He looked like any normal guy – scratch that, he looked like he just came off the runway, but you get the point. He didn't at all look like the superhuman craving chaos and again, it was messing with Jisung's head.

The superhero groaned, his fingers tangling into his midnight blue locks as he hunched over on his couch. It was driving him crazy.

He glanced at the clock on the wall, and the arms told him it was nearing one in the morning. It was about time for him to put on his mask and nanotech suit and head out into town. He could use the distraction, he really felt like going out and leaping from roof to roof. Maybe he'd take the risk tonight, maybe he'd leave off his mask to enjoy the sultry summer breeze tickling his skin and tugging on his hair. He wanted his thoughts to be swept from his mind.

But then there was the Black Blur, who always seemed to show up without so much as a warning. Jisung couldn't permit having his true identity being revealed to his fellow superhuman. He had to keep his face hidden from him. The hero concluded that taking the risk wasn't a bright move; now was no time to act recklessly.

But maybe there was another way.

He could go outside pretending to be a normal human being, taking a stroll through the moonlit streets of Seoul as he kept a close eye – and ear – on his surroundings. It would take him mere seconds to don his suit and mask if any calamity would arise.

Yeah, he'd go outside as Han Jisung this night, instead of going out as the hero without a name.

Jisung got up and grabbed some necessities – the keys to his apartment and his mask – before he headed out. He was greeted by the deep sapphire sky above, where the moon stood proudly. The sun had set hours ago, yet the air around the male still carried some warmth that felt pleasant on his bare forearms. He breathed in, noticing the light floral scent that lingered on the breeze. The night held tranquility, but the blue-haired boy knew all too well that it never lasted long in a big city like the one he lived in.

He began walking, the soles of his worn-out sneakers padding over the pavement. Out of habit, he readied himself to leap off the ground, but he caught himself in time and walked ahead nonchalantly, burying his hands into the pockets of his ripped jeans.

In the distance, Jisung could hear the sounds of the sparce traffic that still occupied the streets at this ungodly hour. But here, amidst the tall condo buildings, it was quiet.

However, one scream, one sign of calamity, was all it took to disrupt the peaceful silence. The hero was awaiting that very moment, for it was bound to happen sooner or later. Hardly ever did a night go by without anything bad happening. He was needed practically every night, as he fought crime and stopped unfortunate accidents with his superhuman speed and strength and other abilities that helped him protect the city.

Yet, even after walking for a good hour, nothing bad or suspicious had occured. Jisung considered tugging on his mask and conjuring up his nanotech suit and take a look at things from above. But at the same time, he didn't really feel like it. He enjoyed his evening stroll, maybe more than he should. He went outside with only one purpose, but laying low for one night wouldn't hurt, right?

He'd just work twice as hard tomorrow.

Jisung soon came to notice that his legs brought him into a particular direction. Between the tall skyscrapers and vast mazes of asphalt lay an oasis of nature amidst the concrete and glass.

The Han River.

It was merely coincidence that he just so happened to share his family name with what might've been his favorite place in all of Seoul. There were many parks lined up along the riversides, and Jisung simply enjoyed the lush green that sprung awake amongst the city's dull greys.

The sidewalk was replaced by the soft green lawn as he ventured into the park he had reached, and he slowly inched closer towards the water.

It was as if someone had sprinkled a jar of glitters over the surface, as it was glinstering vividly under the radiance of the moon. Jisung sat down near the riverside, close to the water he silently admired. Naturally, there was no one else in sight, for any sane person would be asleep at this hour. But here Jisung was, perched atop the lush green grass as he gazed out over the river.

He felt a little guilty; God knew what was happening in town right now, and he sat lazily at the waterside. But every hero deserved a moment of serenity, right? He always loyally fought any danger he found in the city he vowed to protect, he deserved one night of peace, didn't he?

The water was black, like a void that moved under the moonlight. Jisung wanted to reach out, touch it, catch the glitters that danced over the surface. It was mesmerizing, and when the hero gazed at it, he found a strange synergy between peace and turmoil.

He sat there for hours, ignoring the nagging call of his subconsciousness. When he finally tore his gaze away from the water, the sun peeked through the silhouette of skyscrapers and condo buildings. Slowly but surely, the blanket of sapphire that rested over the city was lifted, making way for purples and oranges to paint the sky. The sun was rising, morning had come around, the city was slowly coming to life again, and all Jisung had done that night was sitting in a park alongside the famous river.

He got up as very mixed feelings tormented his being. Guilt was eating the superhuman alive, but on the other hand, he felt more relaxed than he did in a long time. Maybe taking a night off every now and then wasn't that bad, but he shouldn't make a habit out of it.

Tomorrow night, he'd work twice as hard.

Another filler, though this one holds a little more importance to the plot lol. I promise to sprinkle in some Minsung soon :D