[~~Purgatory Diary: Prologue~~]

I don't know how long it's been since I woke up in this white room. There's no clock, no calendar, no way to tell time. It could be minutes, hours, days, or even years. I've tried to remember who I am, where I came from, and how I got here, but every time I try, the time resets and I'm back at square one.

The only other person here with me is a stranger. They don't remember anything either, but they seem to be handling it better than I am. They're calm and collected, while I'm angry and frustrated. I can't stand being stuck in this room with no way out, no way to contact anyone, no way to find help.

The window is the only thing that gives me a glimpse of the outside world, but it's not much help. All I see is a reflection of the room and the pitch-black emptiness beyond it. It's like we're in a void, a purgatory of sorts.

I don't know why we're here, who put us here, or how we can escape. All I know is that I need to find a way out before I lose my mind. Maybe writing this down will help me keep my thoughts in order, maybe it will help me remember something I've forgotten. Or maybe it's just a futile exercise, a way to pass the time until the time resets again.

Either way, I need to keep trying. I need to keep hoping. I need to keep fighting.

~Unknown Diary, Page 1