Chapter 40 [Moving On]

ابدأ من البداية

Scaramouche

*Inhale*

You

"Yes, just like that. You're doing great."

"..."

"And out."

Scaramouche

*Exhale*

With teary eyes and strained brows, he looked you in the eyes. One of your hands was on the left side of his face, and the other was on the right side of his neck. You found that he loved it when you did that.

You

"There we go... All better?"

He didn't say anything, instead, he leaned forward and wrapped his arms around your neck, sinking his head into your shoulder once again.

Scaramouche

*Sniffle*

You

"I'm going to assume that's a yes."

.

.

.

Walking around soaking in the night was chilly, so you wrapped Scaramouche in a towel. As you and Scaramouche came home, the rest of them were already eating supper.

Scaramouche

*Shiver*

You

"..."

You were guiding and supporting Scaramouche with your hands on his shoulders.

Kazuha

"Y/N?-"

You

"Don't-"

"... Say anything."

Itto

"Hey, where have you been?! I had to cook another meal for all of us! Aren't you going to eat?!"

You

"I'll eat after, okay?"

Scaramouche

*Shiver*

You walked into your room, closing the door behind you.

Shinobu

"... What happened?..."

"Scaramouche looked so scared."

Kazuha

"I don't know... Today's been a strange day. Look, N/N hasn't paid any attention to their pet snake, and they treat it like a little princess. Yet, Itto had to take care of it."

Itto

"I heard screaming from N/N's room, do you think they're like..." *Gasp!* "Do you think they've kidnapped someone?!"

Kazuha

"No, idiot, they were crying. I saw it."

Shinobu

"Why so?"

Kazuha

"I don't know... It probably had something to do with Scaramouche or whatever. At first, I thought they were pissed off because Scaramouche told them about the jokes I made. But, I know that N/N's not a dumbass, so they wouldn't cry over something like that."