~ Chapter 10 ~

~ Elizabeth ~

" Come on, where almost there boy!" I encouraged my horse. As I raced across the long narrow paths in the woods of London.

My breath was shaky, as the cold spring weather shocked my lungs. I should have changed into a more warmer attire, I thought to myself.

I looked to see the tall castle standing in the tree line. It's bricks shined in the suns ray. Though I prefer Hampton court, their is something special about Windsor castle. English history is carved into the walls of that castle. It was built by one of the most infamous kings to ever rule England, William the Conquer.

The rich history of England always has me at an awe. When I was little girl, every history book I received from teachers or my father. I would read it over and over, tell the pages were no longer readable. As the ink would fade from my excessive use of it.

It brought a small smile on my face as I recalled those found memories of my childhood. If I could, I would relive those moments in a a heartbeat. It was when I was so naive of the outside world. As I laid in my family's estate, being kept away safe. Not knowing the chaos that surrounding this world.

"Elizabeth!" I heard someone shout. The tone of voice held a concern tone to it. I brought my horse to a halt, trying to find the person the voice belonged to. I seen a man sitting on a dark brown horse. He was holding a crossbow in his right hand, while the other hand held onto the reigns. My face held a recognition look as I realized who it was.

"Charles, what are you doing out here?" I questioned. It was unlike Charles to go hunting alone. He always had to have a companion to accompany him. He would get too bored without a conversations.

I steered my horse into his direction, gently putting my horse into a slow walk.

" I could ask the same thing, especially when your dressed in a gown that is definitely not suited for spring weather." He chuckled at his own words.
I on the other hand was in no laughing mood.

"Did you know?" I questioned hoping for some answers to the situation at hand. Though Charles didn't understand and starred at me with a confused look on his face.

" My family, did you know about their arrest?." I spoke hastily. I know he would know about it. He is Henry's best friend and he tells Charles everything.

Charles understood what I was talking about and from the look on his face, he knew all about it.

" Look, it is not my place to share. Nor was it my intention to not inform you. Henry asked me to not speak of this with you. Not intel he got a chance to explain to you, himself." Charles words sounded sincere, but the frustration of it all was not helping my mood.

He looked unsure of what to say, almost like he was at a loss of words. Him and I have been friends for a while now, I thought I could rely on him to tell me the truth. It just shows how much power Henry holds over people.

" You still could of Charles. I know the friendship you have with Henry is of more importance, than ours. Though you could of still given me the curtesy."  I didn't bother hearing another word come out of his mouth. I kicked the sides of my horse, bringing him to a gallop as I rode towards the castle.

I could hear Charles shouting my name far off into the distance, but I pretended I could not hear him. Anger boiled in my veins at that man. Did he honestly think I would not be upset with him? I understand being under order by the King, but even I would of have informed him. If the table was turned.

I pushed the thoughts aside as I continued on with my journey.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

IM BACK!!!!!

How do you guys like the book so far? —————->

Do you think Anne, should be executed? ————>

Don't forget to vote!!!

Bye for now 👋