Power surge

"How are we doing tonight, guys?" Lucas says, slightly shaky in his voice. A few people respond, but mostly silence in the crowd. "If you didn't know, our band is Surge Electrik!" Lucas says before someone yells out, "what happened to the other lead singer?" Lucas's eyes get wide, and he looks at Shanice, who nods at him to continue. "Well, um, we had to go in a different direction." Lucas is profusely sweating when you hear a guitar chord soar, and Lucas sees Liam playing a guitar riff. Afterward, Liam yells, "who cares if things change cause you know what?" He then plays a familiar guitar rhythm for Lucas and says, "No one can take away the spark living in me. No one can take away the power surging deep within me." The added kick drum follows it, and Lucas sees Paora chanting the same thing. Shanice looks down at her bass playing, bouncing her head also chanting the same lyrics. Lucas looks at the crowd and puts on his shades before yelling, "No one!" Together they all start playing a melodic rock song, and the crowd begins to bob their heads to it. Lucas is singing out lyrics calm and collected, staring thoughtfully at the public while the people watching form a small mosh pit. While singing, Lucas notices an aura around them, radiating out into the crowd, making him feel even more confident. They finish off the song, and everyone starts to cheer. Lucas starts breathing out loud, looking around then he looks at Liam. While staring at Liam, Lucas says, "I can't help feeling static." Liam realizes that Lucas wants him to play one of their fan-favorite songs, and Liam smiles big as he goes to play the guitar rhythm, followed by high-hats as the small crowd cheers recognizing the song. As the baseline and full drum beat follow in, Lucas starts to sing this enticing verse that causes their energy to pull back and build up over the band. The crowd is already heavily in sync with the music, and Lucas realizes he's doing what the previous lead singer did. He then gets flashbacks of everything he's going through and screams out the chorus, and their energy blasts out and feels the whole room. The entire crowd starts going crazy, forming a big mosh pit while the rest are banging their head hard. Lucas jumps in, screaming out the verses, and gets tossed around the crowd. The rest of the band plays carefree while they smile, watching Lucas get absorbed in the crowd. Lucas rushes back to the stage to yell the chorus out one more time blasting out another wave of energy before ending the song. The crowd is cheering like crazy while he's breathing extremely heavy sweat running down his face. He goes to wipe it, smiling at the crowd. Lucas looks back at the band as everyone smiles back at him. They grab what they can before walking off the stage. Shanice hugs Lucas from behind when Paora grabs everyone and squeezes them together. "That was insane, Lucas. I didn't think you had it in you," Paora laughs after letting them go.
"What do you mean? I thought you believed in me," Lucas says, smiling as they walk towards the bar. "Hey Dee, Can we get some shots, please?" Shanice says in an excited voice. "We lied, Lucas. We didn't expect to get too far in the qualifiers, but I got to hand it to you. We might have a shot." Liam says while Dee leaves shots on the table before helping other people. "Are you serious? I don't know whether to be happy or upset," Lucas says while Paora laughs at him and Shanice hands out shots. Lucas denies his holding a water bottle in his hands when Paora grabs the extra shot. They hit the drinks and then hit the table before drinking. Dee sneaks from the bar and goes up to the stage. "I hope everyone is having a good time! I want to let you guys decide the winners before I get too overwhelmed at the bar!" Lucas and the group watch Dee from far back. "If you enjoyed Sleepless Nights, let me hear you." the crowd starts to cheer, mostly hearing women scream out loud. Shanice acts like she is going to cheer before Liam covers her mouth. "Let me hear you if you enjoyed Surge Electrik." the crowd roars out loud, including the band making noise at the bar. "Hmmm, who to decide." Shanice grabs Lucas's arms, and they make eye contact before focusing back on Dee. "I think the winner of this qualifier has to be Surge Electrik!" The crowd cheers while Paora shakes and hugs the other band members. Liam smirks while Shanice is screaming and cheering. Lucas smiles at them before looking down at his goggles.