Flashback to the Past!

(Everything is still. Lucas is sitting on a swing set and notices a white dove fly over his head, then lands on the park bench nearby. Lucas immediately realizes it's the same dream as before. He still sees the vibrant blue cloak over a woman's silhouette. (I want to see who or what that is. Like something in me is telling me to go to her.) He tries not to get over-excited and wake up, but his heart starts to race. The world begins to crumble again. "Ah, screw it," he says before rushing as fast as he can toward her. "Excuse me, miss! Do you mind if I talk to you?" Lucas yells out. This time, she slightly turns upon hearing him. Lucas feels desperate at this point as the world crumbles even more. His body is moving with speed as if so much is at stake that he needs to hear a response from her-)

 His body is moving with speed as if so much is at stake that he needs to hear a response from her-)

BEEP BEEP BEEP

"NOOOOO, please!" Lucas yells out as he pops up from his sleep. "Who was she? Why does she make me feel like this?" Lucas looks at his phone before turning off the alarm. "I wonder if Sunny would let me sleep in tomorrow. I know the concert is tonight, plus maybe I'll have that dream again." Lucas glances over at his phone again and notices a text from Shanice.

-Hey Lucas! I just wanted to say that we'll be playing at Parliament Rock @ 9 pm. Just let them know your name, and you should be good for VIP access-

Lucas smiles and texts back, "sounds good. Since this is my first show, I'm gonna need like a special song played." Lucas then rolls off of the futon and gets dressed before heading downstairs. Sunny is scrolling through records while Lucas gets behind the counter, letting out a yawn. "Good morning Lucas! how'd you sleep?" Lucas stretches his arms out, "it was okay. I just had another random dream that I had dreamt before, but I can't remember it." Sunny smiles while picking a vinyl, "try recording your dreams in a journal. That helps make it easier to remember." He heads over to put the vinyl onto the record player on the wall. "Yeah, I probably should. Hey, do you know where Parliament Rock is?" Lucas says while glancing around the room. "Oh, Is that where Shanice's band is playing? I haven't heard that name in a long time. It's only a couple blocks away, not too far!" From the record player, a soft piano melody plays in the background. "see, y'all young folk don't know anything about this," Sunny says while swaying to the music. "Got any tips for going to my first concert?" Lucas asks while smirking, watching Sunny slow dance with his eyes closed. "Make sure to stay hydrated, get absorbed in experiencing the moment, stay off your phone, and try to avoid moshpits if you don't want to get hurt," Sunny replies while moving through the shop, dancing with his eyes still closed. Lucas is astonished he hasn't bumped into anything, "sounds like a plan."
A soft woman's voice starts to sing over the melody of the piano, and Lucas is frozen listening. The room fills with the song's relaxed yet somber ambiance. "Hey, Sunny, who is this playing right now?" Lucas says softly, leaning over the counter, almost in a trance. "This is The First Lady of Song and the Queen of Jazz, Ella Fitzgerald," Sunny says, spinning in a circle and holding himself. "She sounds so phenomenal and sophisticated yet so gentle. It's like she makes me smile but also sad," Lucas says while wiping tears from his eyes. "The song is Someone to Watch Over Me. When you get to her caliber of singing, you can directly feel her emotions and understand how she feels whether you've felt the feeling before or not," Sunny explains while leaning against a wall. Lucas blows his nose and then rubs his eyes again, "did she ever find that special someone?" Sunny laughs, "a few times, but I'd like to think she was more focused on her career. She became the first black woman to win a Grammy and overall is one of the most influential jazz singers of her time." Lucas walks over to Sunny to look around the vinyl, "that's so amazing. I've heard of her and a few other artists 'cause of mom, but never really got into jazz. I am open, though, to any and every genre you want to show and teach me about." Sunny smiles before taking the vinyl off the player, "don't worry, I'll help you understand everything there is to music."