My dearest Chell

A black car rolled to a stop in a parking spot in front of Aperture Laboratories. "You alright?" Valerie asked, putting a hand on my arm.

"Just nervous," I replied, my teeth chattering loudly as proof.

She rubbed my shoulder in an attempt to comfort me. Her eyebrows were drawn tightly together.

She drummed the fingers of her left hand on the steering wheel, seeming as nervous as I felt.

"What's wrong, love?" I asked, grabbing her hand.

She played with my fingers for a bit, before responding, "I just thought that I should inform you, as your unofficial doctor........ there are a few things that you'll be unable to do.....as a android."

I smiled. "I've come all this way. Of course I know."

"Well you......... You won't be a man. And you won't see- erm, people. You won't be able to........."

Her green eyes gently raised to my blue ones. "I suppose we'll have to break up, then," she sighed.

"Break up?" I laughed, "I wasn't even aware we were together."

"Well... we were."

My laughter stopped abruptly.

"And I enjoyed every moment I spent with you," she continued.

"Well so did I. But this isn't goodbye. We'll see each other again."

"Well, yeah. Duh. I just meant that......... We won't......... I can't......"

She sighed heavily. "Dammit Wheatley, I'm in love with you."

Normally this would've been a surprise to me because no one had loved me since Mary-Ann in the second grade, but I knew. I had known for a long time. Maybe that time would've been shorter if she hadn't been so obvious about it. I was glad that she was though.

"I know," I said, "Er..... That is.......I- love you too......"

She grinned. "I know........ Look, I should probably tell you. We won't see each other very often. Maybe not ever."

"That's not going to happen. I will demand free reign in order to see you. I won't let us be separated."

Her smile faded. "Right........ We COULD still see each other, but......... There are........"

"We've been talking about this for ages, Val. What are you so worried about?"

"I'm not! It's just......... I'm never going to find someone like you, Wheatley. You are the only person that I could ever see myself with. It's going to be hard for me to let you go." She stared out of the side window.