I may be forgetful at times

"Uncle Wheatley, do you have a blue marker or pen?"

"I'm afraid not, love. Sorry," I replied.

"I only need blue to finish it though!" she sighed, "Could I ask around?"

"Alright. Just don't wander too far, okay?"

"Okay!" She scrambled to her feet and ran down the hall.

I groaned, and put my face in my hands. My strength was running thin. I didn't know how much more of this job I could take before I broke.

A muffled voice reached my ears from the headset on my desk. I picked them up. "Yes, hello?" I said.

"Mr. Wheatley?"

"Yes?"

"Mr. Johnson needs some files delivered to his desk."

"Alright." There was a short silence.

"Should I send them to your computer for printing?"

"Oh, me? You want me to deliver them?"

"That's your job, Mr. Wheatley. I'll fax them to you. Don't waste any time. Mr. Johnson is not a patient man." The voice was gone.

I couldn't quite believe it, although was a simple task. They wanted ME to deliver papers to Cave Johnson? I had never met him before, but he was the head of the company!

The fax machine behind me whirred to life and started spitting out paperwork.

I quickly gathered them off of the floor and ran out of the room, forgetting about Chell once again. 

....

I knocked on the door. "Hello? I have some papers for Mr. Johnson?"

"Come in," called a voice.

I opened the door to reveal a rather nice office amongst the clutter that was Aperture Laboratories.

"Set them on the desk," the man commanded.

I obeyed.

"Now go," he said, without looking up.

As I turned to leave, a flier on the wall for Project Android caught my eye. I hesitated at the door. "Sir," I said, "Could I ask you a question?"

"Make it quick," he replied, starting to flip through the file.

"It's about Project Android. I was just wondering- Well hypothetically of course, if it was, and this could be for a friend, a family member- how could-"

"Quicker."

"Where- could one..... sign up for it? The experiment.... thing?"

Cave looked me dead in the eye. "Do you want to join Project Android, Mr. Wheatley?"

"Well I......... I don't know."

He studied me for a moment. "Talk to one of the recruitment people down on level 10. Act quickly and you might get a spot."

"Thank you, sir," I said, turning to leave once more with my heart pounding.

He called out to me again, "Wheatley."

"Yes sir?"

"Is this yours? It seems to have gotten mixed up in this file." He held up a drawing.

"I don't-" I spotted Chell's signature in the bottom corner. "Yes yes. I'll take that." I reached over the desk to take the drawing, but the CEO tightened his grip.