Chapter 22 - Hide

Start from the beginning

" Which floor was it ? " He asked NOVA

" 7th floor " NOVA replied

He went to the 7th floor, and found the room.

Wayne knocked at the door and waited, but no response. He waited a bit longer.

" I know you're in there. I saw the light, please help me. Those things are coming. I have nowhere to run, I intend no harm. "

" I know you may.... probably afraid. But I have no intention to harm you. I will leave tomorrow at dawn, even before you know it I will be gone."

There was no reply, he smashed his hand on the door again and again.

" 100 meters and closing. You should hide " said NOVA

He looked around there were no other rooms where he could hide. Some had no doors, others had no walls, all other rooms were exposed by one way or another. He was trying to find someplace to hide. But there wasn't.

" One is in the building " NOVA gave him the warning.

" Fuck." he closed his eyes with disappointment.

" Hey listen I will be dead within minutes. I know why you won't open that door, I can understand . But when you do open in the morning, you'll find my body here. "

" I want you to bury me someplace, it doesn't need to be a nice location, just anywhere. I don't want rats to eat my body, well...... actually what's left of it. My name is Wayne by the way, if you want to bury me properly. "

" My life is not flashing before my eyes." He told NOVA, then took a deep breath.

Suddenly he heard the door unlocking and he heard a voice " quick "

Wayne quickly crawled into the room and the guy closed the door behind him.

" Shhh...." he put his finger on Wayne's lips. Then he turned off all the lights.

" It's ok, they can't hear us " said Wayne

" What ? " he asked Wayne in a low voice

" It's ok to talk, they can't hear you." Said Wayne

" How do you know ?" He asked Wayne

" Trust me .. I know ! " Wayne replied "Just don't turn on any lights "

He didn't believe Wayne, he sat there quietly.

" Its not in the building anymore " NOVA informed Wayne

Wayne sat down there with a relief " Thank you "

" I'm Samuel,by the way " said Wayne

" I'm Hari " said the guy

" Nice to meet you Hari. How long you been staying here ?" Asked Wayne

" I don't know, I lost track of time " he replied

" Why did you let me in ? I could have killed you." Said Wayne

" You could have, but you didn't. Let just say I am good at reading people " he chuckled

" How do you know about them ?" He asked

" Them ? You mean aliens ? Well.... Let's say I'm good at reading them. I studied them for a while and I know lot of things about them. " said Wayne

" Can you kill them ?"  Hari asked Wayne

" I'm working on it." replied Wayne

" Do you have a family somewhere ? " asked Hari