Ch. 35: Mourning the Fallen And Showimg Haters the Rage From the Heart

Beginne am Anfang

The door swung open to reveal a harried Sagittarina and one of Jace's fellow Betas from his vampire coven. "Sirs," the latter, a raven-haired female said. "We just got word from our secondary coven from nearby Allendale Pointe."

My heart dropped low, knowing that the town was also the place where Elisa and Jose were staying. "What is it?" Matt asked.

"It's about Jose and Elisa," Sagittarina said sadly, letting her tears fall from her eyes. "They were found by a lone vampire and he said that their hearts were ripped out from their chests by a rogue, who pledged his allegiance to none other than-"

"My sisters and cousin," I finished, another wave of tears ready to fall. "Those three killed my two best friends, the only ones who saw the best in me. They mean it when they said that they want me to die."

I couldn't believe it, folks. I had lost five of the people in my life- three of them ready to begin a fresh start and two of them being the ones who held me down. I looked up and let out a giant scream of anguish and anger, my voice emanating throughout the dormitory and all around the town of Sammons Falls.

*******************

Four days later, I was at the town mausoleum for the humans and human elementals as the small urns carrying the ashes of my parents and uncles were being placed into their respective vaults. It had been a whirlwind of mourning and preparing for the funerals and cremations for my parents, uncle Cameron, Jose, and Elisa as the town came together to help me commemorate their lives and legacies. Jose and Elisa's families and former vampire coven were devastated when they found out about their children's deaths but swore to help me take down the attackers when the time for war began.

And now, after watching the bodies of Jose and Elisa being burned on their funeral pyres last night, I had finished burying my parents with my witch-coven allies and my mates by my side.

"This ends the memorial service," the funeral director said somberly. "Mr. Lemieux, may the Goddess grant you peace in the time of storm. At this time, you may return to your cars and head to the Rosseaux-Yanez manor for a family-and-friends-only reception."

Matt caressed my back briefly as I caressed the small doors of the vaults that held my parents' and uncle's urns. "Thank you for making things right," I breathed softly. "I hope you find peace in the afterlife."

"Amen," everyone else said in unison.

I took a deep breath as we all made our way back to our cars and the reserved limousine. "How are you holding up, love?" Matt asked me as we ignored a few snapshots from a few paparazzi and cameramen taking pictures from a distance."

"I'm just taking things in slow strides," I answered softly as we reached our cars, my mates and I arriving at the reserved limousine from the funeral home. "This is starting to get very serious, you guys. I'm afraid that if Velvet's words do ring true, then we do have to make sure we complete the mating ritual before we-"

"We know," Luciane replied, placing a chaste kiss on my lips. "We need to get this done as soon as possible."

Matt's cell buzzed as the limo began to lead the convoy out of the mausoleum grounds. "What is it, Landon?" he asked tiredly, wiping his eyes. His face turned to alarm with his eyes glowing red. "What? How the hell did they- all right, all right. We'll be there at once."

"What's going on now?" I asked as Matt hung up.

"That was Landon," he replied tersely, eyes glowing brighter in anger. "He just told me of some disturbing news regarding your sisters and cousin."

My eyes went wide in shock. "Don't tell me," I groaned.

He nodded. "They're at the school and requesting to have an audience with you," he said, confirming my suspicions. "Babe, I know that this isn't the day that-"