Prologue: In Thierry Lemieux's Own Words

Okay, folks. Let me make this clear as day for y'all.

Growing up in a family that glorifies sports and parties while overlooking the most intelligent person in the room (Grandma and myself), you can pretty much tell that I was the lone odd duck while my sisters were the apples of our parents' eyes. As for the parents themselves...well, they mean well and all that, but they always stick to their one mantra when it comes to being part of the Popular Crowd (as it's known at my old school): "Fake your way to the top or else stick to the bottom."

Only Grandma knew of my self-worth and encouraged me to stick to my customized plan of remaining "the one good thing left in the Lemieux, Sarunier, and Fabatier families." And she knew that this good boy was planning to stay out of trouble, attend TCU, and get a good-paying job with no time for romance.

And then came the bombshell of being shipped off to boarding school in Boston, all to make me more popular and more like Tiana and Fiana's boyfriends. Of course, I knew it was all inevitable- being shipped off to boarding school to make me more popular. And I still vowed to keep the family names as pure as possible.

But then came one foolish mistake of being invited to a party (or rather, being ordered to attend a frat-house party by the school headmistress- a friend of Mom and Dad's, of course). It was followed by being bullied into drinking one cup of beer which led to being bullied into drinking another followed by one reckless one-night-stand...

And...well. To make a long story short, folks, all I wanted was to stay out of trouble, maintain my image as the "Good Boy of Texas, " and make my grandma and church proud, and have no drama with anyone. Boy, if only I had known what I was getting into, I think I might have forced Mom into letting me finish my usual education back home. All the same, my story is one comical and supernatural nightmare.

To know my story, folks, let's take this back to the last two weeks of summer vacation when I was coming home from my final dry run after dealing with the football team. All I can tell y'all...this ain't the usual "Teen Wolf," "The Vampire Diaries," "The Originals," or (God Forbid) "Twilight Saga" mess. Y'all are going to learn how being a good boy is never easy and yet good boys and girls never lie. Fasten your seatbelts and prepare for a wild ride.

And we are off to the races, my friends! I can only tell you guys that writing this story back in January 2022 was a thrill to do and I have no regrets.

The next chapter is when Thierry learns of him being sent to boarding school by his family, and you know that he won't be a happy camper but will put on a brace face! So buckle up for a wild ride!

Song: "Here" by Alessia Cara. Dedication: ShelbyWinds.

Vote.
Comment.
Share.
Follow.
Add.
FAN!