Chapter 2: Lila's Return and Shayne's Past

Marinette POV

After what happened last night, Master Fu instructed me to leave Tikki with him until he found a way to restore her powers. Meaning that I can't be Ladybug for a while and Spider-X has no means of purifying the akuma.

The next day, I met up with the others and we went to class. Suddenly, we saw Alya and another girl chatting among themselves. In the midst of the conversation, we saw a familiar face. Shock and anger flashed on my face.

"Hello again, Mari-Trash." Lila's voice purred.

"Lila!?" I gasped.

"What the fu-!? Why is she here!?" Shayne roared in anger.

"That's also our line. Apparently, Lila went to therapy and is no longer a liar. Or so she says." Chloe said in dismay.

I scowled at Lila with fury in my eyes. She flashed a not-so-friendly smile at me. Alya pulled her into a one armed hug and smiled at us.

"Also, we forgive Lila for what happened 2 months ago. Something that you should've done with us." She said with a scowl.

"Oh yeah. We'll accept your half assed apology. Maybe you'll get the Ladyblog back." Shayne said sarcastically.

The akuma class scowled at us, except Alix, Nino, Juleka, Rose and Max, who grinned at Shayne's comment. Even Nathaniel flashed a small smile.

"Anyway, Lila shouldn't be here. How did Ms Rose accept this?" Luka asked.

"Simple, she gave her a second chance. Unlike you, Mari-Trash." Alya replied.

I sighed and led Shayne and the others away from them, only to run into a group led by a tall, blonde haired student dressed in expensive clothes and slicked back hair.

"Shayne Gibson. It's been a while." He said with a grin.

"Oh God." Shayne groaned in dismay.

"Well, I didn't expect to see you here. Tell me. How's your old man doing? And your uncle? Is he still ghosting you and your mother?" He asked with a smug grin.

Shayne shrugged me off and walked away. I followed him into a classroom where he sat on his desk alone, looking at a photograph. As I looked over his shoulder, I saw a man who looks exactly like him but older and with slightly longer hair. Next to him was his mother, smiling and holding a 4 year old Shayne in her arms and a. I remembered asking his mother about his father and uncle, but she said that it was complicated.   

"I never told you this but, my father was killed by Wilson Fisk." He said.

"The Kingpin? Yeah, I remember seeing it on the news after you beat him. But, what happened to your uncle?" I answered.

"No idea. The last time I saw Uncle Ethan, it was on my 8th birthday. I mean, he has visited us before when I was much younger. But, ever since my dad's death, he stopped visiting us. I asked my mother, but she said she didn't want him around me. Since he never came to the funeral." Shayne said as he wiped away a tear from his eye.

I hugged him from behind, resting my head on the crook of his shoulder. Suddenly, we heard some footsteps and went back to our seats. During class, I kept getting some smug looks from Lila and her gang of sheep. My gaze went to Adrien, who is focused on his notes and not paying any attention to me.

"As long as he doesn't see a miraculous, he'll never remember being Chat Noir." Master Fu told me.

I just hope that it lasts long.