Chapter 1: A Visit From Madam Web And Meeting Sasori

Shayne POV

"Shayne Richard Gibson. Wake up." A voice called.

I opened my eyes and found myself face to face with an elderly woman dressed in a dark red dress with silver web details on it. Covering her eyes is a red silk blindfold. She was sitting on a gold chair. Surrounding us is a large web, even Venom wouldn't be able to make. 

"Who are you?" I asked

The woman chuckled and replied.

"I believe that Spider-Man has told you about me."

It took me a while to think about it until it hit me. I remember Peter telling me about the woman a while back during my trainee days as Spider-X.

"You're Madame Web. The woman that Pete told me about. You're the one who's been helping the Web Warriors." I said.

"Indeed, I am. I've been watching you closely, Shayne. I've seen how much you've suffered over the years. And yet, you still push forward." She replied.

"Like my dad said. Never give up until it's over. I know that I have my setbacks and that I want to just lie down and cry my eyes out. But, I still have the rest of my life to look forward to." I said.

"That we can agree on. However, I have come here to warn you. I sense a great evil approaching." Madam Web said.

"If you mean Hawkmoth, then yeah. I get it." I said.

"Not just Hawkmoth. I fear that some of your old enemies will return. And new ones as well. Even with your powers and the kwami of fate, you won't be able to win." She replied.

"Kwami of fate? You mean Nikki? But, I thought she's the kwami of imprisonment." I asked.

"That is my second title. My main title is Kwami of Fate. I can see into the future, to a certain extent." Nikki said. She nodded at Madame Web.

"It's been a while, Cassandra." She said.

"Too long, Nikki." Madame Web said with a smile.

"Do you two know each other?" I asked

"Of course. I was her holder in my youth until I retired, hence why my name is Madame Web. I thought she told you." Madame Web said.

"She didn't." I replied.

"I'm sorry. After one of my former holders went rogue, I had to keep it a secret." Nikki said in dismay.

The old woman nodded, as if she understood what the kwami meant. I, however, am confused. I looked between the two.

"Wait? Your holder went rogue? How?" I asked.

Suddenly, I heard the sound of sirens. A startled Madame Web shifted in her seat. 

"It seems we'll continue this conversation another time. Be warned, I will not be the only person who'll tell you about the upcoming danger." She said.

"Wait!? I still have questions! What do you mean by the upcoming danger! What's going on!?" I called.