Final Chapter: Aftermath! Connections with Our Hearts, Always!

Start from the beginning

Y/n: Incoming!!

Y/n and his summons got out of the way quickly and Sonic crashed into the ground in the face. Sonic struggles to break free.

Y/n: I gotcha!

Y/n helps Sonic and he gets out. Sonic felt a bit dizzy from the impact.

Sonic: Owww... Thanks, Y/n!

Y/n: No prob! Looks like we did it. Right, guys?

Y/n's Summons: *smile* Pika!/Rio!/Tios!/Tias!

Sonic: Yeah! We did, right Chip-? Chip, where are you?

They noticed that Chip was missing. They looked around until Sonic caught a glimpse of Chip.

Sonic: Huh?

However, instead of Chip, they saw a necklace that Chip wore. Y/n slowly realized before he fell unconscious, Chip was left behind in the lava as the planet piece was closing in. Chip saved Sonic and Y/n.

Y/n: Sonic... is that? Did he?

Sonic picks up Chip's necklace and shows them.

Sonic: Chip... Chip saved us. He sacrificed himself to save us.

Y/n and his summons are shocked and saddened by Chip's sacrifice to save Sonic and his friends. The one who took the hardest... is Latias. Latias cries for her lost friend, Latios comforts his sister while Pikachu and Riolu are in tears as well. Y/n was still sad and patted their heads.

Y/n: *sad* Yeah... I know. I'll miss him too. But I know... we will never forget about him.

Everyone sadly smiled and agreed with Y/n, until they heard a familiar voice.

Chip: I'll never forget you all. I'll be here with you all, always. A part of the earth you tread.

Sonic and his friends smiled at Chip's voice and also said...

Chip: Y/n... no matter if you are a demon or not, you'll always be my friend. Pikachu, Riolu, Latios... and you too, Latias. I lived on... inside your hearts and spirit. Thank you, my friends. I'm glad that I met you all.

Pikachu, Riolu, Latios, and Latias are smiling and in tears of happiness that they made a connection with Chip. Sonic is happy to hear Chip's voice. Y/n closed his eyes and smiled, tears formed in his eyes.

Y/n: 'I know a devil may cry loses their loved ones, especially losing their great friends.'

Y/n wiped his tears and opened his eyes as his summons and Sonic looked at the sunrise with a strong resolve and determination, and smiled. Y/n will never forget his friends and family, protecting what matters to them. The wind gently blows.

Sonic: Thank you, Chip. For everything.

Y/n: 'Chip... Thank you... my friend.' I know the road my heart walks.

All of a sudden, Sonic, Y/n and his summons saw a shiny glow coming from Chip's necklace. Chip's necklace floats up above their heads. Y/n's Rebellion's Oath magically appears in his hand.

Y/n felt as if he knew what to do, he positioned his keyblade and pointed at the bottom. The tip of Y/n's Keyblade glows as his emblem below him. The wind blows him, to a place in the void where dark clouds and light. Chip's necklace glows, shoots a ray upwards and a keyhole is formed. Y/n jumps back, twirls his keyblade, pointing at the keyhole, tip glows, shoots a ray of light through the keyhole, and hears a locked sound.

(Note: I'm doing how Sora does in Kingdom Hearts 2.)

The world is saved from the destruction of Dark Gaia and Eggman's plan of world domination. Sonic is amazed by what he has witnessed.