seven | cardigan

2021
Freshman Year | Semester One

Leighton walks into Maddox's room while she was looking at herself in the mirror. She pauses as she looks over at the tall blonde who was standing in her doorway.

"You know."

The words were ominous, and Maddox had no idea what she was talking about.

"I know what?"

Leighton steps further into Maddox's room, "She told you. You know."

"She told me what?"

"You're good," Leighton says nodding her head, "Not cracking under pressure."

"No, I'm just genuinely confused and have no idea what you're talking about weirdo," Maddox responds.

"I'm talking about the fact that," Leighton looks around and lowers her voice, "The fact that Maya and I used to date."

Maddox stares at Leighton causing to blonde to begin to panic before saying, "Oh yeah I totally know."

"See! I fucking knew it!" Leighton exclaims as she claps her hands together, "You are now my ally."

"Ally?" Maddox inquires, "For what?"

"I'm gonna win Maya back," Leighton says and Maddox snorts at the words, which makes Leighton frown.

"She's seeing Alicia."

"Is it official?" Leighton asks.

"Well no-"

"Then I am going to win Maya back," Leighton responds, "I mean I already know her better than any girl on campus, and trust me once she sleeps with me, she's never gonna need another woman ever again."

"Cute," Maddox states, "So like you still in the closet or...?" Leighton falls silent at Maddox's words and the shorter girl nods her head, "Thought so."

"Look I'm just not there yet, but I will be someday," Leighton responds. Maddox quirks a brow at Leighton, just as Maya enters the common room. Leighton notices the way Maddox's eyes shift over her shoulder and Leighton follows, her jaw nearly dropping at the sight of Maya.

Maya took the headphones out of her ear and smiles at Leighton and Maddox as she made her way over to them as though her skin was not glistening like a Greek goddess, and she wasn't practically naked before them in only a sports bra and spandex.

Leighton could no longer deny it Bela had been right about wanting to lick Maya's abs.

"Morning!" Maya greets, "What are you two talking about?"

"I uh I wow," Leighton says as she looks over at Maddox, "Uh what were we talking about?"

"A glass closet," Maddox responds. Leighton's brows furrow and she narrows her eyes at Maddox who snickers to herself about her comment.

"Glass closet?" Maya asks confused, "Maddox is this some weird code about your obsession with drug dealers?"

"No!" Maddox responds.

Maya simply laughs and shakes her head as she looks at Leighton, "Hey I was going to go to the Women's Center after I showered. Did you maybe want to tag along? You could knock off some hours?"

"Shower?" Leighton asks, trying her best not to think of Maya naked and wet. Oh, too late. She was very naked, and Leighton was now very wet.

"Uh yeah," Maya says with a small smile, "Wouldn't want to go like this. I might stink up the place."