four | back to december

2021
Freshman Year | Semester One

Move-in week was over at Essex which meant the first day of classes had finally arrived. Maya looked at herself in the mirror and then at Whitney who was shrugging on a pair of Maya's sweatpants and borrowing a hoodie.

"You left so many hickeys on my neck," Maya says as she looks at the bruises on her neck, "I'm gonna have to wear makeup."

"You shouldn't have such a delectable neck," Whitney responds as she jumps up and walks over to Maya, standing behind her. She then sinks her teeth into Maya's neck, causing her to jump. Whitney laughs and Maya glares at her.

"Ouch!" Maya exclaims as she rubs the spot Whitney just bit.

"That one was for the road," Whitney jokes.

Maya looks at Whitney to see her wearing her clothes, "Those are mine."

"I know," Whitney responds.

"You are literally walking across the hall," Maya states.

Whitney laughs, "I know."

Maya shakes her head, "What class do you have today?"

"English," Whitney answers, "What about you?"

"Math," Maya responds, "I guess I'll see you at practice?"

"Yeah," Whitney says with a smile as her eyes flicker to Maya's neck, "I hope Willow notices and asks about my masterpiece."

Maya grabs her phone and looks at the time, "When is your class?"

"Not until eleven, why?" Whitney asks curiously.

"Perfect," Maya says as she drops her phone on the bed and pulls Whitney closer to her by the waistband of her sweatpants. Whitney stumbles toward her with a smile, "Because I am about to give you a million hickeys."

Maya gently bites Whitney's neck causing her to laugh aloud. Maya smiles at the sound and Whitney leans in and kisses Maya as her hands slip into Whitney's sweatpants. Whitney moans against Maya's lips when there's a knock on the door.

"Ignore it," Maya says softly as she resumes kissing Whitney's neck.

"Maya!" Bela yells. Maya pauses and Whitney freezes as well. Bela's knocking grows more aggressive and Whitney looks at Maya. Maya shrugs unsure of what to do. Whitney looks around Maya's room before simply deciding to hide behind her bed. Maya's brows furrow at the action before she heads over to her door, and opening it.

"Hi Bela," Maya greets with a smile.

"He- holy shit!" Bela says as her eyes drop to Maya's neck, "Look at that masterpiece! You got laid last night?"

"Uh yeah," Maya answers. She could hear shuffling by her bed, and she guesses the answer didn't satisfy Whitney, "I mean I totally got laid."

"How was it?" Bela asks with a grin, "Go into explicit details."

Maya smiles to herself, knowing that Whitney can hear, "It was okay. I mean the girl was hot but truth be told, I kind of carried last night."

"Oh?" Bela says with a wide smile, "I can't believe you, Whitney, and Leighton all got laid last night. I am so lame."

Maya's surprised to hear Leighton's name, "Leighton got laid?"

"Yeah but she won't give any details," Bela says, "Kimberly thought she got sold to a human trafficking ring."

"Huh," Maya says as she crosses her arms over her chest. There was no way Leighton would hook up with anyone on campus but that is only if her hookup was a woman. Maybe Leighton was straight now? Or pretending to be straight? Maya wasn't sure anymore.