"Come Rupanshi. Please sit." Sidharth stammered. It was for the first time in his professional career that he was stammering in front of his patient out of nervousness.

She didn't looked at him and sat crumpling the end of her dupatta.

Sidharth after composing himself spoke, "See Rupanshi. Kal jo bhi baat hui humare beech mai vo aapko hurt karne ke intention se nahi nahi thi. I just didn't wanted you to be badly hurt in future so I decided to break your imaginary bubble. I am sorry but I don't love you and before you speak your assumptions let me tell you it has nothing to do with your colour. For God's sake, just don't link anything and everything that happens with you to your colour."

Rupanshi looked at him and hesitantly asked, "Parr aap toh humesha mein jo bhi dish ya sweets bana ke laati thi vo le lete the. Smile karke thank you bhi bolte the. Mujhe laga ki..."

"Rupanshi, aap efforts laga kar kuch bana kar laati thi toh agar mein mana kar dun toh rude lagta aur aap hurt hoti. Phir bhi maine kayi baar aapko roka hai baad mai ki aap pareshaan na hoye mere liye kuch bhi laane ke liye. Still you didn't stop, that was your call. And just think rationally ki smile karke thank you bolna as you said ki mein aapko bolta tha, toh kya vo yeh batata hai ki saamne wala aapko pyaar karta hai? Agar lagta hai na toh please stop watching those shitty movies and shows jo aisi chize dikhaate hai." Sidharth sighed. He was frustrated by her childishness but knew she was a pure-hearted girl who meant no harm. He then continued to talk with her asking her to think about her parents and herself.

"Samajh gayi. Shaayad mere samajhne mai hi koi galti hui hogi. Par please aap mujhe hate nahi karna. Mera koi bhi galat iraada nahi tha." Rupanshi requested.

"Never Rupanshi. I won't hate you. I understand that they were your feelings which you shared with me and it had no malice in it. If you ever feel bad, lonely or want to share something you can come here. Talk to me. Hmm. Never harm yourself. You don't know I was damn scared yesterday after you left." He calmed her.

She stood up and left the room but was brought back by her mother.
"Koi pareshaani hai kya doctor sahab?" Bindu Ji asked.
"Aap chinta na kare. Thi pehle pareshaani par ab theek hai. Aur aap dekhiye aapki beti kitni strong banti jaa rahi hai. Iss baar inhone khud ko hurt nahi kia. Haan dukhi hui thi, shaayad kuch din aur rahe. Par yeh sab normal hai, insaan hai na toh emotions toh honge hi." Sidharth assured Bindu Ji.

They took his leave and Bindu went out to fetch a cab while she was sitting inside the hospital. When her mother signed her to come, she stood up but her kurti stuck at the corner of the bench and the stitches loosened at some places. A little portion was torn which made her back visible. She gasped in horror and tried to hide it with her dupatta in vain as the dupatta was kind of transparent. She tried to fix it when suddenly a man came behind her and said, "Relax, you walk in front of me and I'll cover your back."

Rupanshi at first was shocked by a stranger standing so close to her but realized that he has no bad intention. She spoke meekly, "Ji thank you. Baahar tak hi jaana hai bass. Cab aa gayi hai."

The man smiled looking at her innocence and said, "No issues. Chaliye." He took her till her cab hiding her back and greeted her mother. Bindu Ji was grateful to the man who saved her daughter from embarrassment and like any other Bhartiya Maa invited him at her home to thank him.

Just when he was about to leave after their not-so-little conversation, Bindu Ji asked his name.

The man replied, "Sanjay."

-------◇◇◇◇◇-------

NOTE : - Namaste everyone. Hope you enjoyed reading the chapter. Also, tell me areas of improvement in my writing.

♧♤Many were there with me when I started writing but I am grateful to those who stayed. Thank you for your constant support. Also, I welcome the new readers and hope you would stay.♤♧

Did you felt (in the last chapter) that Shehnaaz heard Sidharth's and Rupanshi's conversation and mistook it?

Do you think Rupanshi will turn into a negative character, who would still try her chance upon Sidharth?

Who is Sanjay?

{Published on : Monday, 10 April 2023}

_________________________________________

Keep Sidharth and his family in your prayers.

Your writer,
Sudhanya