⇠Traveling Into the Unknown⇢

Link stared at the princess sitting on the throne in front of him, the young hero shook his head closing his mouth quickly. "R-Retirement?" He stammered.

"Yes, with Gannon gone, we don't need you protecting Hyrule anymore. Everyone is at peace." Zelda answered, holding out her hand.

"B-But what would I do?" Link questioned.

"Whatever you want to do, you could travel or settle down with someone." The princess smiled softly.

Link was silent for a few seconds, biting the inside of his cheek. He had always wanted to travel, but he's already been all over Hyrule there was no point. Then an idea sparked in his head unless he had a friend to travel with. He quickly bowed to the princess before rushing out of the castle, jumping on his horse, and galloping toward Zora's territory. It took the hero three days to get to the palace, he nodded his head at the Zora's as he ran up toward the throne room. Hands on his knees gasping for breath, the tall shark prince raised an eyebrow as he stared at Link.

"Link? What are you doing here?" Sidon asked.

The blonde took a few more gulps of air before straightening himself. "Zelda ordered me into retirement." He stated.

Link watched as Sidon's expression changed, "Oh, what are you going to do now?" He quizzed.

"I was hoping to travel Hyrule, without monsters attacking me at every turn this time." Link started, "I was hoping to have some company this time." He added with a smirk.

Sidon blushed slightly, quickly clearing his throat. "I have to stay here; I have duties to my people." The shark replied.

"I'm sure they would understand if you took a vacation, Sid. The war is over now, we can relax." Link pushed.

The prince could never say no whenever Link used his nickname, he bit the inside of his cheek. "H-How long are we going to be gone?" He asked.

"I'm not sure yet, Hyrule is a big place." The hero grinned.

"I've never had the opportunity to sample the delicacies that Hyrule has to offer," Sidon mumbled.

"See! This is an excellent opportunity to unwind, sample new foods, and travel across the world. I'm certain your father will understand." The hero smiled.

"Okay," Sidon said, finally giving in.

"Great! You finish what you need to do and pack. I'll be back in three days, after which we may depart." Link said.

Link grinned as he turned on his heels and started fleeing down the stairs. "You're going to be the death of me hero," Sidon yelled at Link as he leaped the bottom three stairs down to the lowest floor.

Sidon waited three days later, a little bag hung over his shoulder, and his finger tapped on the banister. It took him a long time to persuade his father to let him go travel; the only reason he agreed was that Link would be with Sidon. Which he vowed to be cautious and return home immediately if anything went wrong. As a little flash of green drew Sidon's attention, a smile appeared on his face as he greeted the hero on the lower floor.

"Sorry it took me so long; Zelda wanted me to have tea with her and she wouldn't stop gushing about our trip." Link panted, rolling his eyes.

"It's okay, where do you want to go first?" Sidon asked, following the younger male toward the gates.

"Well, we can always go further towns first and then make Zora last on our list." The younger make suggested.

"We can do whatever you want to do Link, I'm on vacation," Sidon answered.

The hero pulled out a small map from his bag, unrolling it slowly as his eyes scanned the paper. "Let's go to Hateno Village first." He announced, stuffing the map back into his bag.