A Habit of Shooting Sharp Objects

Start from the beginning

"I'll race you to the house Kashi!!"

'So she was staying with Kakashi-Sensei... at least I know how to find her.'

I heard a sigh come from behind me as my teacher disappeared. It wasn't long before I heard a shout from in the distance.

"YOU MISSED! hehe better luck next time Kashi!"

I sighed at the voice, it was Alai's. 'I'll have to sneak up on her in order to corner her. Kakashi-Sensei can't even keep up with her.'

~FF to Konoha Gates~

I was the first one to show up at the gates, so I found a quiet place to wait for everyone to show up. Sakura was next and she instantly started squealing, trying to hug me. I was about to take drastic measures and hide, but the dope showed up and distracted her. Luckily for me, her anger issues were too much for her to contain. As she went to beat Naruto, Kakashi-Sensei showed up.

'He's on time for once.'

"HEY!! YOUR ACTUALLY ON TIME TODAY!"

"All thanks to me!"

Alai appeared from behind our teacher smiling as always. She greeted Naruto before Kakashi-Sensei coughed, trying to get Alai's attention.

"Okay okay!"

She turned away from our teacher and made her way over to where I was standing. Smiling the entire way.

"Hey Sasuke? Can I talk to you for a minute?"

"What?" I said in an unemotional tone.

"I wanted to apologize for earlier, and yesterday. It wasn't really right for me to pick fights with you like that. That... 'Subject' is really touchy and I should have had more respect. So, I'm sorry!!"

She closed her eyes and smiled at me, she was cheery even when trying to be serious. I couldn't help but smirk at the thought that this girl was apologizing to me. She knew she was wrong.

"Hn..."

"Huh? What was that?"

I didn't answer her. She heard me and I know she did, she was just trying to get an answer out of me.

"Hmm...Oh well! I guess that's the best I'm gonna get huh?" She turned around to face the group before saying. "Okay Kashi! Let's get this show on the road!"

"Right."

I tried to pull her back to demand an answer about her necklace but Kakashi-Sensei called her back to his side. He then threw a picture to Sakura as we listened to our Sensei give the details.

'I'll have to pin her later.'

"His name is Genmai from the village in Inaho. He went missing in the hills a few days ago."

"He got lost?" Sakura asked, Kakashi-Sensei looked to Alai.

"Have you been in the hills?"

"Sure have! It's really pretty and all nature like! There are alot of bandits in the forest though."

"Hm, so it's possible that this is an abduction. Stick close Alai."

She looked to Kakashi-Sensei and nodded. She sure was used to being in danger. I watched as she skipped ahead of Kakashi-Sensei, talking to Naruto about the mission like they were best friends. She ran out of the gates but before she ran too far ahead she turned to the guards and waved goodbye to them. They waved back, apparently they knew her too.

'Just who IS this girl?'

~Kakashi~

We made our way through the forest where Genmai was last seen, Naruto failed to quiet down and was only encouraging Alai's hyperactive personality even more. I was debating splitting them apart at first but I knew that would never work. Besides, there was a more serious task at hand, something was wrong.