"Oh really? Well, enjoy the peace and quiet, then."

"That's the problem though, I don't know what to do with the quiet time, I could really use more work!"

"You're starting to sound like the Black Numbers now, Benimaru, you know that?"

We both share a laugh about that but it quickly returns to us seated in silence, Benimaru trying to think of what to do with his quiet day and myself trying to decide how to handle the mountain of things to be done in my busy day including keeping an eye on Iruma.

Benimaru POV

As I leave Lord Rimuru's office, I spot a man in opulent clothing being led by a servant to the same room. Just at a glance, I can tell this man is of no value; it's a shame that Lord Rimuru has to speak with such a person.

The noble is making all sorts of horrid comments to the servant, acting like he has any importance here in Tempest and not to mention complaining about the wait to see Lord Rimuru. It makes me want to burn him to ashes, but that would be against Lord Rimuru's wishes. This is only a passing whim, though; nothing I would act impulsively on.

Having heard enough, I start walking away, taking my time since I truly do have nothing to do. Maybe I could watch one of the Dungeon's recordings and watch some people fall into Lord Rimuru's patented traps...that would be fun! Not as fun without Lord Rimuru, but I can still enjoy myself.

"How long must I wait!?" an obnoxious, entitled tone, draws my attention back to the noble, the servant trying to calm him and explain they cannot let him any further until he has been summoned to enter by Lord Rimuru, he starts making comments about how far he has traveled and that Lord Rimuru should be honored he came all that way and other drivel about how important he believes he is.

I decide it's best for the sake of my patience to pick up my pace in leaving this area rather than test how much it will take for that smug idiot to make me hit my limit. I'm already dealing with whispering thoughts of "Just give me an excuse, any excuse."

Making my way off down the corridor with haste, I find myself back in silence only the sound of my footsteps in the empty corridor to remind me I can still hear anything at all. I'm not sure how far I had been walking while lost in thought when a familiar voice catches my attention. I know that voice well and that tone...some poor soul is Shuna's dress-up doll.

This is odd, though, since it is normally Lord Rimuru who is the victim of this, but not this time. So, I peek inside the room to see who it is she has snatched up.

It's that Iruma boy that Lord Rimuru is friends with...his official guest. Shuna, I'm sorry, but this is too far.

Rarely do I intervene when it comes to my sister (she's terrifying when angry), but in this case, I feel I need to.

"Shuna, please don't bully Lord Rimuru's guest," I say as I step into the room, making sure to sound polite.

"Bully? I am not bullying you, am I?" She turned to Iruma, innocently tilting her head while forcing him to be the one to decide an answer with us both present, Shuna is truly terrifying.

"I guess I wouldn't call this 'bullying'..." the boy hesitantly admits. "...but..it's been 3 hours, so..."

She's had ahold of him for three hours already?!

"Shuna, I think Lord Rimuru might need your assistance right now."

"Why do you say that, Brother?"

"He's meeting with some noble with a nasty attitude. I think your expertise might be helpful."