chapter sixteen

Magsimula sa umpisa

Her feet carried her to the only room in the Specialist hall she knew. She stood before the door, contemplating if she should or shouldn't knock or just get in or just get the hell away from there. She was still confused on where the hell their friendship stood now, and what the hell happened last year.

But her memories were a jumbled mess, she was tired and anxious, she doesn't remember what is real and what isn't, from that awful night.

Just as she brought her hand up to knock, the doors opened, a smirking Dane abruptly stops in front of her when he sees her. "Uhh  hi.", he says, furrowing his brows a bit, a smirk playing on his lips as he looks to someone to his right. "We were just leaving.", he says and pushes past me as Sae stands there, confusion written all over her face. But that confusion soon turns to annoyance as Beatrix walks out of the door. Beatrix watches the taller girl wipping her lipstick with her tongue, even if isn't smudge a tiny bit. Her smirk grows as she watches Sae's frown deepen.

Sae sighs, pushing the door wider, before slamming them behind her, she doesn't look just heads staright to Sky's bed, knowing what might've gone on Rivne's "Didn't you say it's done and over with those two dimbwits?", she asks, plopping down on the bed, her eyes trailing over the room to find Riven. A shirtless Riven.

She had to physically stop herself from widening her eyes, light red grew across her cheeks as her eyes wandered around the room, before settling on the ground. She leaned her elbows on her knees, puffing the air in her cheeks. Now she's definitely sure they were doing something here. 

"Why? You jealous?", Riven asks her, not really answering her question because he didn't know the answer to it. He wanted to stop hanging out with them, last year he hung with them less and less, and then over the winter break he just kept going back to them and whatever Beatrix asked them to do. He wasn't sure why  he was helping Beatrix with Rosalind - he doesn't even want to know what they're planning. He shakes his head, looking at Sae from the corner of his eye, chuckling when he sees her red face. 

"Of who exactly?", Sae counters, but a sound from her phone stops him from answering as he watches her takes it to see who it is. Sae frustratedly pulled her hair back seeing her fathers name pop up on the screen as she shook her head, but it reminded her of why she was here in the first place.

She got up from her place and started pacing, looking at the her stupid phone, not really wanting to open the message to see what he wants. Riven quirked an eyebrow at her pacing, before clearing his throat so she would look at him. When she does he nods towards the dresser next to his bed. "t's in the drawer.", she smiles at him, walking towards the dresser. He knew exactly why she came here, and he couldn't help but feel a bit disappointed she came over just because of some weed. 

He stepped in front of her, so he would be in between her and the dresser, he looked down on her as he crossed his arms over his chest. She raised her brows looking at him and pursing lips. "I'll pay you back?", she tries and Riven shakes his head. "You don't need to.", he starts, racking his brain on how to ask her if she's okay. He's not the type to ask questions and she's not the type to answer them so opting out on asking he decides on the next best thing.

Which was the stupidest thing he came up with.

"I don't have much, so I though we'd share?", he asks, scratching the back of his neck, like he always does when he nervous. That's when Sae became very much aware he was still very much shirtless and just a few centimeters away from her. She clears her throat, nodding and awkwardly shuffling away from him. 

Sae was skipping most of her classes today, well if you don't count the thirteen minutes she's been on her first class, then she was skipping all of her classes. She was walking, watching the Specialists train when she spotted her blonde friend, fighting with two other specialists. She decided to walk up to him, watch him fight for a bit. She always loved watching them train.