Best Friends with Benefits #1: Do You Dare?

A/N:

This first story is a bit long for a short one, but I just had to keep it that way. I don't like using 'Y/N', so I just replaced it with a name I like, Corrine. I'll be using it for some of the other stories too but the characters are all different people in different settings (unless stated otherwise), so just imagine yourself as the girl in each story ;) Happy reading~

Corrine's pov:

"Eunhyuk." I glared at my best friend who was sitting on my couch.

I don't like the way he's looking at me.

"Do you dare?" He tapped on his thigh with his palm, a smirk on his face as he challenged me to take a seat

"Do you dare?" He tapped on his thigh with his palm, a smirk on his face as he challenged me to take a seat. I looked into his eyes hoping to see that he was just joking around, but he was dead serious.

"I see you have been plagued by boredom." I let out a sarcastic chuckle, rethinking all my life choices. Now, why am I friends with him again? Well — best friends, to be exact.

Ironically, the first time we met was at a bar. He saved me from an asshole who tried to force me to hook up with him, but I wasn't interested in him at all. Especially not after I saw him flirting with the bartender one moment, then had his arm around another girl the next. He wasn't a bad person, but it was clear he was a player. He just wasn't interested in me.

A few weeks later, we met again. I worked as a stage director for small local artists under this agency Prodigy Studios, and he was one of the new artists who'd just transferred there from another label with his partner, Donghae, as part of a duo called D&E. They were new to the agency but not in the business since they'd already been around for a while.

It also turned out they were both close friends of our CEO Shindong, who put up a selfie of them on the studio's wall of fame with a caption:

My two new favourite artists.

One look at the duo and you knew they had it all. They were both handsome, could dance, sing and rap, so it made sense. Eunhyuk even directed some of his own stages and for other younger artists, which was pretty impressive. I was surprised to see that he didn't flirt around with other female artists or staff, but I took it that he was just very professional and separated business from pleasure. That, I respected.