56 - To the mountains

*Chris pov*

Today is the 27th of December and after lots of Christmas food we are ready to go to the mountains!
We had fun on Christmas at my mom's, Sebastian and Bonnie joined us too since Bonnie is like a sister to Mia and if Seb and her keep going like this I think that pretty soon we're gonna be seated at their wedding; and of course also Georgeta came. So if we are already a big family when it's time to celebrate, imagine how this year was!
Anyways, my girls are all packed up in the car and I'm putting the last bag in the trunk.
"Are we ready?" I ask closing the door and buckling up
"Yes!" Mia and Grace say
"To the mountains!"
We decided to go to Mount Sunapee in New Hampshire, it's only a two hour drive so that's pretty good and we are staying till January the first.
Mia and I decided to let Grace have a few skiing lessons so she can have fun too and see if she likes it, I'll ski in the mornings while in the afternoon we'll mostly relax. Mia of course can't ski, so she said she's gonna enjoy the sun and watching us ski.

As Disney songs play Grace slowly falls asleep, and we both smile at how cute she is.
"Ehy...you good?" I ask Mia as I put my hand on her thigh
"Yeah, can't wait to be up there. I haven't been in the mountains for such a long time"
"I'm really happy we are doing this little vacation as a family of three"
"Me too, next time we will be four and maybe we could bring Dodge with us"
"I'd love that"
"Do you mind if I take a nap, I haven't slept good tonight"
"Of course babe"
So for the next hours or so I find myself humming absentmindedly to the cartoons songs.

I park the car at 9.30 and wake the girls up, making sure they are both covered enough before exiting the car.
We then go rent ski boots, skis and ski helmet for Grace, before meeting with his teacher, Ryan.
"Are we ready to go?" He asks Grace
"Uhuh"
"Alright, say bye to mommy and daddy"
"Bye!"
"Bye sweetie" mia tells her stroking her cheek
We watch as they go on the tapis roulant that will bring them to what's called the 'baby track' a few feet higher.
I stay for the first two or three tracks she does and then I leave to check in in our Airbnb apartment while Mia stays there.

miaevans

Liked by imsebastianstan and 73

Liked by imsebastianstan and 73.729 others

miaevans All ready for her first ski lesson ⛷️

View all comments

imsebastianstan Omg she's so cute!!!
User1 Hope she has fun!!!
chrisevans My little munchkin 💜

chrisevans