Family Time

Sonic POV:

We all got up later in the day, with it all being quiet, we mostly spent it chatting with soldiers and playing board games.

But i couldn't forget about Amy.

I was taking a walk with Nine through the concrete alleyways, discussing plans.

"Sonic?" Nine looked towards me with his ears slightly down. "Yeah Bud'?" "You seem..down." Nine put a hand on my shoulder. "I'm fine, i've just been thinking about something." Nine knew what i was talking about, i've always seen him as a little brother and i don't dare hide anything from him, so he very much knew about 'Rusty Rose'.

"C'mon lets sit down and talk about it." He grabbed me with his mechanical Tails, before he used his normal ones to fly up to a building.

We layed down on the metal tiles of the roof, as we looked up at the foggy sky. Nine sat up, playing with his pocket screen abit before looking over at me. "Can you describe what she looked like?" I turned away, hiding the pain in my eyes as i lifted my hands from my head and sat up aswell. "Well.." I scratched at my muzzle before continuing. "She seemed, different. Her personality was blank and robotic. One of her eyes was covered in lines of metal with a red glowing iris. Her entire body was metal, and could stretch unnaturally." I rubbed my eye, stopping tears from streaming.

Nine noticed my sad behaviour as he put his pocket screen away. I rolled up into a ball with my knees a few inches away from my face, as i looked down at the streets. I felt Nine hug me as i looked forward. "Thanks Tails, that was much needed." I hugged him back, smiling gratefuly. "I said stop calling me that." He mumbled to himself. "It suits you." I let out a small laugh at the flustered fox. (NOT SHIPPING OMFG). i got up fully grasping him in my arms. "Thanks lil' bro, i don't know what i wouldve done without you." I finally let go as he pulled out his pocket screen once again, seeming to type something in before putting it away again. 

"Let's talk about it another time, for now lets try to relax a bit." He pulled out his makeshift ipod, with some earbuds hanging from them. "I know how much you like music, so i have a few songs on here. I'd like you to have it." He held it out towards me, as i grabbed it, looking through the song options. "If you'd like, i can add a new song anytime." He looked at me proudly with his creation. "Thats amazing! you really made this?" I fiddeled with the buttons as music switched through the earbuds with suprisingly good sound quality.

"Yeah, i have one myself so it's for you." He put his hands on his hips with a smirk, almost leaving sparkles around him. I ruffled his head with a smile, i can't help but get happy everytime he feels proud of something.

Me and Nine had made it to his lab, just to chat and play around with inventions.

"This is my Ultimate Heater!" He showed me something that looked like a microwave. "You mean 'Ultimate Microwave'?" "No, ultimate heater! it heats your food in an instant!" i looked at him with confusion. "You could use a microwave for that.." He put it down, before grabbing a cheese and salami sandwhich and putting it in. "Watch, it's instant!" He turned it on. He watched intently as it spun and the heaters turned on, and in an instant, it rang like if it was finished. He opened it, only to see smoke arupt from the door. 

Me and Nine coughed heavily as his entire lab started smelling like burnt bread and cheese. "This wasent- *cough* the plan-" He went to his lab table, quickly pressing on his air purifier as i fought for air on the floor. The air cleared up before i started laughing. "Hey! i'm still working on the temprature!" I couldn't help but laugh harder. "Are you trying to burn every meal you have?" i was practically choking again.

"Well i'm sorry Mister! If the temperature is such a problem you fix it!" He shouted towards me as i kept rolling in laughter. "Is that a challange?" i jumped up reaching for the microwave. "No you idiot, you'll explode it!"

It was getting late, i was still feeling 'weird' and i didn't feel like going back to base, so i just sent a message saying i'd stay with Nine for the night, He didn't mind thankfully.

"So whatcha up to?" I sped right behind Nine at his desk, swishing him left and right on his spinny chair, all he did was look up and me and back at his work. "Just 'work' i guess, writing down, noting mistakes, finding out how to fix them- You know." I pouted, bored. "You got any movies or anything on that giantic screen?" i said pointing on some TV on his wall, all he did was hand me a remote. "Press the bottom left and middle up."

I did as he said, the screen turned on, some coffe table emerged from the floor as well as a couch. "Woah, Someone actually has fun!" i mocked Nine before jumping into the couch, pressing the remote for tv options. I found a movie after a bit of scrolling and got comfortable, laying down with my hands behind my head.

I felt my eyes close and abruptly open as i fell asleep, i tried staying awake cause' the movie was suprisingly good, but i couldn't keep awake any longer, as i slowly fell asleep.

Nine POV:

I was working on my blueprint before something caught my attention, a small snore came from the TV, barely audible. Sonic had fallen asleep quite some time ago, because his quills were un-even and he was drooling. i sighed moving towards the couch, lowering the volume of the TV, before grabbing him with my mechanical tails, hovering him above me as i adjusted the couch into a bed. Once i fixed it, i placed him down again with a pillow and blanket, i dimmed the lights before heading to bed myself.

Sitting in bed, i turned on my pocket screen, looking at a saved document. 

"Rusty Rose.

Mechanical Enhanced Henchman of the Chaos Council.

Cyborg with brain-programming.

Kidnapped at the removal of Green Hill."

I looked hard at it scratching my head, i needed more information, but i had no idea how to get it, i couldn't dare bother Sonic to go spy on her for information, so i'd have to do it myself.