Miles starts to advance on me slightly, I look at him, horrified. His hands are balled tightly in lethal fists.

"Don't pretend to care, don't even try to stop me from leaving unless you want to end up like Mattheo," He says. My eyes widen.

"Don't you dare threaten me Fairchild," I say, the venom in my tone surprising him. He grabs my shirt with both of his hands which are trembling from how tight he is holding the fabric.

"You're pathetic. I would rather kill myself then have to continuously ignore the overwhelming urge to snap your neck with my bare hands," He seethes before leaving me shaken and petrified in my dorm room. Alone.

"Issy!" Amara shouts from outside my door after about five minutes of me standing, frozen on the spot and shaking.

"Yeah," I managed to reply.

"Is Miles there?" She asks, opening my door.

"No," I say.

"The teachers are all looking for him, Mattheo disappeared off to somewhere else too," Amara says, looking at me with concern.

"Are you ok?" She asks, rushing to me.

"Yeah I'm fine, lets help find them," I say, putting on a smile and leading Amara out the door.

"I'll check the bathrooms, you check down there," I say motioning her towards the hallway near the science labs.

"Ok," Amara nods seriously.

I start to jog around and call out Miles' name throughout the hallway until I make my way to the bathrooms. Neither of them are in there, I even check in every stall.

I decide to take a look in the bathrooms near the other side of the hallway even though no one ever goes to those ones. As I open the doors, I see Miles standing with his back to me and Mattheo facing him from the other side of the medium sized, rectangular shaped room. Mattheo is holding a lighter and a stack of papers, they look like letters. He is staring at Miles with a taunting smirk on his face. He starts to burn the papers in his hand, Miles shouts at him, the anger and pain in his voice echoes around the room. All of the sudden Miles runs at him, Mattheo drops the lighter in shock and the ashes that once were letters, delicately drift to the ground. I am now staring in horror as Miles grabs Mattheo by the shoulders and slams him into the wall behind him. Mattheo grunts and tries to fight Miles off of him but instead Miles grabs Mattheo by the throat and starts to bash his head against the white painted brick wall which is starting to become spluttered in blood just like both of their shirts. I stare at them both, traumatized at the scene playing out before me. I know I should step in but I am really scared right now. Miles is a psychopath. Suddenly something in me snaps.

"Enough Miles," I scream, alarmed to the point where I start to feel dizzy from the smell and sight of all of the blood oozing down the wall. I rush towards him as I wrap my arms around him and pull him away from a half alive Mattheo who slumps down on the floor, breathing shakily and barely conscious.

"Look at what you've done to him Miles," I try to talk reason into him but he just pushes me away, hard. I fall onto the ground and feel my lower back ache as I try to get up again. I look at Miles in shock, his eyes are watery but his face is unreadable. I don't think he regrets anything. I walk up to him slowly, grab his wrists and use them to pull him down to my eye level so that he is now staring at me, the warm blood on his hands starts to drip down his wrists and onto my fingers.

"You'll be ok Miles. I don't even know If you are aware of it at this point but I do care about you and nothing you can do will change that," I say, walking closer to him whilst still keeping a strong grip on his wrists. He stands up straight again and looks down at me, still out of breath and stiff.

"But what just happened between you and Mattheo went too far, I need you to understand that," I say, reaching up and gently stroking his cheek with one of my hands. Miles leans into my hand by tilting his head to the side so that his cheek and shoulder wedge my hand in between them. He looks at me exhaustedly. My heart starts to pulsate weirdly as he holds eye contact with me. I let go of his cheek quickly as I remember Mattheo's current unstable condition.

"Shit, um, stay here and don't try to fucking kill him," I order, Miles nods ever so slightly, eyes unfocused and dazed. I instantly run out of the room and down the hallway looking for anyone at all.

"Mr Hetchly!" I shout in a panic.

"Excuse me Miss Clinton! Lower your voice," He scolds, in his strict, old man voice.

"I'm sorry Mr Hetchly but there is a student who is bleeding out on the floor of the bathrooms, his head was injured, please help," I explain, automatically leading him. He immediately follows after me. I bump into Amara and Miss Bendaline on the way and we all head towards the bathrooms, Amara and I run and the teachers pace quickly behind us. To my surprise Miles was actually still there when we came back, he is leaning against the sink, looking down almost guiltily whilst moving the small pile of ash on the ground around with the tip of his shoe. 

His head shoots up as he notices us all enter the room. He moves his foot so that we can all get past whilst the teachers attend to Mattheo who is luckily not dead. I grab a whole pile of toilet paper squares and apply them to the back of Mattheo's head which is gruesomely bleeding, whilst Mr Hetchly runs to get the first aid and Miss Bendaline calls the Ambulance.