"He used to be my type but now I think he is too over confident which just annoys me, so no," Amara says.

"What Amara said, he is too cocky, definitely not," I agree, really wanting this game to be over.

Later on that day I am walking back to my locker when I notice some bitches staring at me. WHAT NOW? I can't be stuffed dealing with whatever gossip they have on me, even if it's to do with Miles, I honestly couldn't care less. I look behind me and see this guy coming up to me with a poster, it's Mattheo. The poster reads "Will you be my date to the dance Isabella?" It makes me internally cringe since I don't understand why Mattheo would even think for a second that I would say yes. The use of my full name also nearly makes me gag.

"Sorry...no. Thanks for asking though," I say awkwardly.

"What!" He scoffs, looking around at some of the people who had seen him get rejected.

"Well it was a joke anyway, no need to be a bitch about it," He says, acting all precocious.

"Mattheo shut up. You are the only person in the school she would have said no to that quickly so learn to take that feedback and just leave her alone," Amara laughs as she comes to my aid and puts a hand on my shoulder whilst smirking at him confidently. Thank god she came because I honestly don't know how to react.

"Aw you need your guard dog to stick up for you, how sad," Mattheo scoffs.

"Not as sad as anyone who has been with you physically," Amara comments back quickly. I let out a burst of laughter as we turn our backs to him. We soon break into a run down the hallway to tell the others what had happened.

"Omg Mattheo just asked Issy out to the dance," Amara screeches as she bursts into Mal's room which is where everyone in my group is currently sitting.

"Omg what!!! You said no right?" Rosie yells.

"Shut up," Marnie groans, chucking a pillow at Rosie to shut her up. Rosie flips her off which makes them start to bicker vigorously. Everyone knows they like eachother but we are all trying to let them figure it out naturally as much as Mal wants to step in. I give her a look as I notice her eying them with a smirk.

"Issy definitely said no," Allegra said, crossing her arms. I nodded.

"He is gross and pathetic," I say, a disgusted expression on my face.

"You will never guess what he said to her when she rejected him omg it was so funny," Amara laughs. I zone in and out of the conversation because now my thoughts are on the dance as well as a Math assignment I need to complete by Friday...but mostly the dance and annoyingly enough, Miles.

"Omg I can't believe you said that to him Amara, I'm so proud," Mal giggles. Rosie and Marnie have stopped bickering and are now paying attention to Mal. I wonder if Miles will have a date, what if it's me although that is highly unlikely due to well...Quint and the arguments and me leaving. I can't help but feel like our relationship was ruined because of me, I mean it's not my fault that Quint died but I didn't have to leave. 

"I'll be right back," I say, absentmindedly as I quickly exit the dorm room. I need to find Miles...immediately. I see him at his locker from afar, I start to march up to him but when I come closer I notice him talking to Hannah. She was pushing his shoulder flirtily. I am going to throw her across the room! He is smiling at her and everything. I make a quick beeline to my locker in an attempt to save my ego which is shattered at this point. I guess I'll go with Allegra, she promised to go with me since she has no interest in any of the guys at our school anyway, her type is more sophisticated, older and fictional, (she loves reading.)

It's the night of the school dance and I am extremely anxious. All the stuff going on with Miles prevented me from remembering one very important, urgent thing that we have been talking about ever since we first heard of the tradition that happens every year for the Year Elevens who attend the dance. The party games royale. Amara was talking about it to me last week and she mentioned games like spin the bottle which I didn't know actually existed, I thought it was only something people played in movies. Surely it would be awkward and not at all fun playing it in real life with a bunch of people that aren't attractive in any way (excluding Miles) or people I have known a little too well in the past.

"Girl help me, I don't know what to wear!" Amara says bursting into my room holding at least five different dresses.

"Haven't you been planning this day since seventh grade?" I laugh.

"Yes but now I don't know what to do. You need to help me!" She begs.

"Alright alright," I say, trying to calm her down. She rushes over to my bed and plops down the clothes in a heap next to my pillow. She sits on the bed next to the dresses and looks at me with pleading eyes.

"Do you have a favourite?" I ask.

"No I love them all," She complains.

"Well I think you would look nice in that one," I say pointing to the sapphire blue dress with different flowy layers.

"I like that one too but Tilly is going to be wearing something similar I don't want to match with her," She says.

"Well then that one is out of the equation," I say as Amara puts it aside.

"The black one is too short for a school function," I say.

"I know but most of us are going back to Diego's room afterwards to do The Party Games Royale and I want to look hot," Amara said excitedly.

"Still no," I say.

"Ok fine," She agrees as she looks at it.

"The red one looks nice, it's bold and sexy," Amara says, trying to convince me, she is right but I don't think it's the right vibe. It is more of a dress someone would wear to a club...like the icebox which I'm never going to go to again, I'll never see Matteo or kiss Miles next to the most obnoxiously drunk, dancing hoard of people. I'll never be worried that I'm going to cave in and drink or be tempted by Harley even though she is basically my ex's ex. Am I actually not with Miles anymore, maybe it's just a little ongoing argument that will fade with time?

"No not that one...the gold dress is cool though," I say.

"Hm, actually yeah I think that's the one," Amara says.

"Shit girl I don't know what I would do without you," She squeals.

"Turn around, Imma get changed right now, you should too," She says as I quickly look away and walk over to my small amount of clothing. My mom is rich and everything, it's how she used to buy her drugs I'm guessing, but she never really used her money on me apart from sending me far away from her to this stupid ass boarding school. Point is I literally have one dress which is a bit too small and tight and not in a good way.

"You can borrow one of my dresses," Amara says as she notices my hesitation to get dressed.

"I have a silver one, it's just under the red and black one. I decided I didn't like it that much, it's also too long for me and you're taller than me anyway so it would fit you. You would look awesome in silver," Amara says, turning me around once she got changed and handing me the dress to try on. I have a little mirror in my room which Amara turned to immediately to check out how she looked.

"I don't know..." She says looking at herself judgingly.

"You look hot, you will attract all the cute boys and not just because of your outfit, you are stunning," I say, trying to hype her up since I get personally offended by my friend looking down on herself. She doesn't turn around because I am changing but I can see her smile a bit more confidently in the reflection of the mirror.