Episode 9: The Lightbulb & the Lightswitch-Ideas and Hindrances

High-Five: Meet the panel

Sarah Benson: @SarahBensonBooks

Michelle Hayes: @Michelle007

Brittanie Charmintine: @BrittanieCharmintine

Special Guest—Jennifer Cooreman: @theattentivesoul

Our show-runner—Nat Bradford: @natsaninja

This week, you will introduce another panelist, expanding on these three points: (which means they actually had to talk to each other *GASP*)

What do these mean to the person you're introducing?

—A perfect date

—A perfect holiday

—A perfect book

Sarah introducing *Jennifer: It has been twenty-three years since she's been on a date, and her husband was the only person she ever dated. For her, what makes a great date is good food: Thai, Vietnamese, or real Italian, a walk near water, and good movie; anything but horror. A perfect holiday would be one where she doesn't have to buy gifts or she's won the lottery so she can buy people anything and everything. So no gifts or all the gifts. Lovely friends and family to celebrate with. No drama or formality just happy and relaxed. Her perfect book would be one that's so good she would want to stay up all night reading, and better yet one that has a sequel so she can keep going. One that doesn't plays so hard with language that it ruins the experience of reading. A book that makes her forget she's reading, and where she disappears into the story, which is the mark of a great author.

*Jennifer introducing Sarah: Her perfect date, like mine would include lots of good conversation, a nice walk, and good food (she also likes Thai). Holidays would be good food, good people, not a lot of structure just relaxing time. Good book would be something that was light depending on her mood but would teach you something. But not too heavy.

Michelle introducing Brittanie: Her perfect starts with flowers, yummy dinner in a beautiful restaurant. Talking 'til all hours of the night, maybe some great kissing. Perfect holiday involves the beach, an umbrella cocktail. The smell of suntan lotion, a good book and a floppy hat. Her perfect book would be one that takes her into a different world, preferably has a bit of romance and magic.

Brittanie introducing Michelle: Her perfect date is a steak dinner with red wine in either a restaurant or at home. Maybe with some crembrule afterward. Then go outside to the fire pit, talk and look up at the stars. I think there's kissing in hers also! Her perfect holiday would be with her kids, her love, and her family and friends all together celebrating the meaning of the season surrounded by love, good food, good wine, and of course, rum cake. Her perfect book is something that has magic and romance and takes her away from reality.

Cream or Sugar: To find these shoutouts please see the Two-Week Notice (sorry these are a little behind. We're getting there)

The Entrée: Questions and discussion for episode 9

1. Tell us about a time when you had a new, shiny idea while in the middle of a work in progress. How did you deal with it?

*Jennifer: It happens to me a lot, and I just always try to roll with it. I can't tell you how many times I've sat down to write, I write a lot of short fiction essays and I'll think that I'm writing something about my father and it turns out that I'm writing about my husband. In that case, I think that is your subconscious uncovering what you really mean to write about. Sometimes it's painful or your brain is trying to work around things you really want to say. When I'm writing fiction it seems like you can get in the way of yourself, and get distracted. I think in non-fiction it's a helpful part of the process, whereas in fiction you can get side-tracked.