59. my best friend

𝐀𝐆𝐄 : 9

𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓 : 2 5 1 1

𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 :

_________________________________

scarlett's pov:
I smile to myself watching as my little 9 year old comes running down the sidewalk, she's got a massive smile on her face which only grows when she comes closer to me.

She's waving her little bag in her hand and she's got her coat hanging on by her head, where the hood is. I crouch down as she gets closer and she's soon colliding with me making me stumble back a little bit.

"Hello little lady" I coo in my funny high pitched voice making Y/n giggle, she pulls back from me wiping the hair out of her eyes with the back of her hand as she bounces excitedly on her feet.

"Hi mama" She beams back with the same excitement, she's panting pretty hard and she looks worn out and i wonder how much hard work she's done today, which will probably explain this energy.

"Mama! You will not believe what we have been doing today, it sounds so cool you won't even believe me. You can call my teacher even if you don't believe me, but it's true" Y/n completely rambles on tabling a hold of my hand and skipping beside me as we walk home.

"What happened today baby" I chuckle pulling Y/n's jacket off her head and holding it in my arm, she smirks then holds up her bag indicating she's wanting me to carry it for her.

"You're 9 years old, you're gonna have a job soon and your still getting your mama to carry your things" I gasp dramatically taking Y/n's bag from her, she hums pursing her lips before nodding her head bashfully at me making me laugh again.

"Anyways mama! You're ruining my speaking time, ugh! So, at school today. We got to play with the big para shoot thing by going under it, then we even got to play some soccer in the field and me and my friends were all doing a race and i'm super tired right now so i was wondering if i could have a small nap when i get home please" Y/n speaks out all in one massive breath, taking a big one in as she finishes speaking.

"Wow. That does seem exciting, i think i might email your teacher to see if your telling me fibs because school is a place to learn, not to have fun and play" I joke pinching Y/n's cheek, she giggles pushing my hand away and tucking her hair behind her ears.

"But of course you can have a nap sweetheart, why on earth would you need to ask me darling" I ask running my hands through the top of Y/n's hair, she shrugs her shoulders with a hum but a smile so i take it as a good sign.

"Mama what's for dinner tonight" Y/n asks looking up at me with an enjoyable expression, i shrug my shoulders with a playful smile as Y/n groans throwing her head back.

"Pasta maybe? Or i can make some chicken tikka" I suggest, Y/n hums again thinking about her options with her finger on her lip, she rolls her lip between her teeth before jumping on the spot.

"Pasta please and can i have the bow ties please, oh pretty please mommy!" Y/n begs giving me her cute pout, i pretend to also think for a seconds making Y/n groan and pull my hand.

"Of course we can silly, i'm not going to tell you no for wanting something to eat baby" I laugh patting the back of Y/n's back, she giggles with me and then rambles back on about her day but in some more detail.

We were only about 5 minutes from the house when Y/n started to slow down, i'm surprised at how tired she is, she must have really worn herself out today. I ended up carrying her the rest of the way home because it would have taken us an extra five minutes to walk back at the pace she was at.