Chapter Seven

Two Years Later

The three of them have moved back to Rosewood to be closer to Pam and Wayne after Wayne's heart attack. Jessica and Charlotte soon followed after Aria and Jason also moved back to Rosewood.

Alison and Jesse visit Pam and Wayne while Emily is in a meeting at Rosewood High.

"I wanted to come to the two of you first. I know you're a bit old fashioned and I wanted to do this the right way. I would like permission to ask for Emily's hand in marriage."

They smile at her and Wayne speaks.

"I have always considered you a daughter. It would be an honor to officially have you in the family. You have my blessing."

Pam gets up and walks out of the room, coming back a few minutes later.

"Do you already have a ring?"

Alison shakes her head. "Not yet. I've been looking but I want it to be perfect."

Pam holds up a ring box. "This was my mother's ring. Wayne proposed to me with it and I would be honored if you would propose to Emily with it."

Alison opens the box and gasps. "It's beautiful. Exactly what I've been looking for. Thank you."

*******

Seven year old Jesse is dressed in a suit and tie out to dinner with Emily and Alison. They got takeout from The Grille and took it to the Kissing Rock, where Alison and Jesse had set up a cute little table with candles and decorations.

After they eat, Alison takes Emily's hand.

"Emily, I have loved you since the moment I met you. You are my heart. My soul. My first love and I want you to be my last love."

Jesse gets down on one knee and holds up a ring box to Emily. "Will you marry my mom?"

Emily smiles. "Yes. Yes I will." Emily hugs Jesse then leans across the table and kisses Alison. Jesse slips the ring onto Emily's finger. Emily looks down at it.

"This is my mom's ring."

Alison smiles. "She gave it to me to give to you."

*******

The following afternoon, everyone gathers at the Fields house for their weekly family dinners. Pam and Wayne insist on hosting every week. Emily, Alison, Jesse, Hanna, Spencer, Mona, Aidan, two year old Alana, Aria, Jason, their one year old Sadie, Jessica, Charlotte, and Charlotte's girlfriend all gather at the Fields house.

Everyone sits down to eat and Emily and Alison share a look before Emily speaks.

"We have an announcement."

Everyone looks to them, both of them smile at each other as Alison takes Emily's hand.

"We're getting married!"

*******

Jesse walks Alison down the aisle, hugging both her and Emily before taking a seat next to Jessica in the front row. Both women have tears glistening in their eyes as Pastor Ted begins.

"Friends, Family, we are gathered here today before God to celebrate the joining of these two souls into one. Should anyone have any reason these two should not be wed, speak now or forever hold your peace." Ted pauses before continuing. "These two have prepared their own vows."

Emily takes a breath. "Alison, I have loved you since we were kids. You were my first love, my greatest love, and now, my forever love. I promise to always love you and care for you. I promise to honor you and cherish you. I promise that no matter what may come our way, to always stand by your side and most importantly, I promise to be the best mom to Jesse, and any future children we have, that I can be. I love you so much."

"Emily, our journey of love is a long one full of twists and turns that took us in different directions but we found our way back to each other. My love for you grows more and more each day. I promise that our love will continue to grow. I promise that no matter what, I will never go to bed angry with you. I promise to love you and support you in everything you do. I promise forever with you. I love you."

"Do you, Emily, take Alison Dilaurentis to be your lawfully wedded wife. To have and to hold for the rest of your life?"

"I do."

"Do you, Alison, take Emily Fields to be your lawfully wedded wife. To have and to hold for the rest of your life?"

"I do."

They exchange rings.

"I now pronounce you wife and wife, you may kiss the bride."

*******

Mother's Day, Emily is cooking breakfast for Alison when she and Jesse come downstairs.

"Emily, Jesse has something he would like to give you."

Emily turns around from the stove.

"What is it, bud?"

He places a packet of papers on the counter.

"You have been my Mama for a few years now, and I would really like it if you would adopt me, officially."

Emily smiles, hugging Jesse tight. "I would really love that."

*******

Fourteen year old Jesse sits impatiently in the hospital, waiting. After a few hours, Emily comes out, a big smile on her face.

"Are you ready to meet your sisters?"

He stands. "I can come in now?"

She nods. "You can come in now."

She leads him into Alison's room, where the newest additions to their family are laying in the hospital cribs next to the bed. Jesse walks over to them. Emily sits on the bed next to Alison as they both watch. Lily and Grace each grasp on to Jesse's fingers.

"Both of you are going to be so loved. Mom and Mama are the best parents and I promise to be the best big brother I can be."

Emily leans to Alison and whispers. "You are so beautiful right now."

"I just pushed two tiny humans out of my body."

"That in itself is beautiful. Thank you, for bringing our little girls into the world."

Alison and Emily both smile softly. Alison thinks to herself how perfect this moment is, her wife and son there with her. Nobody yelling. Nobody fighting. Just a room filled with the purest of love.