Karuizawa Stories: For Your Heart, I'm Qualified

Start from the beginning

"I-I'll be fine, Baby... I just... I need rest..." she smiled weakly.

I pursed my lips, unsure if I should go against her wishes and just have her checked up, or let her rest on her bed. On one hand, I wanted to make sure that she was truly fine and that she wasn't down with a serious disease, but on the other hand, I wanted to respect my girlfriend's decision. Shit... This was a hard decision...

A hand on my shoulder pulled me out of my dilemma. I turned and saw Tzuyu standing behind me.

 I turned and saw Tzuyu standing behind me

"Oppa, don't worry about her. She's a strong woman. She'll be fine," Tzuyu assured me.

I nodded, but her words still didn't help to end the mental tug of war in my head. I turned back to look at my girlfriend, fiddling with my fingers as I tried my best to come to a decision as quickly as I could. Nayeon could tell that I was troubled, so she reached over, her warm hand resting on top of mine as she gave me the biggest bunny grin she could muster.

"Staying... In bed... Will do me better..." she whispered, squeezing my hands softly. "Just let me have a good night's sleep tonight... And tomorrow... I'll be back to my usual self... Again..."

I gazed into her eyes, and those round orbs that somehow still gleamed in her weak state convinced me to listen to my girlfriend.

"A-Alright... But if your condition doesn't get any better, we must go get you checked," I insisted. Nayeon nodded.
"Ne... But that... Won't be necessary. Right... Tzu?" she asked.

I turned to look at the maknae. Strangely, she looked like she was suppressing a laugh. Was I seeing things? Probably I was the one that was sick.

"Ne! She'll recover quickly!" Tzuyu declared, seemingly confident in the fact that Nayeon would be okay without medication.

Well... She was in a serious relationship with Nayeon for many years up to now. Maybe I should trust her.

"Okay..." I sighed defeatedly. Nayeon gave my hands a pat.
"Don't... Worry about me baby... I just need... Rest and some... Home remedies..." she said. I cocked my head.
"Home remedies? Are you sure, Nabong?" I questioned her, before quickly adding, "I-I... I don't mean to doubt you or anything... It's just..."

Nayeon let out a small laugh and nodded weakly.

"Relax... Squid Game... I know that you're worried... But our... Home remedies... Always work," my girlfriend insisted. "Just... Ask Tzuyu..."
"They never fail! All we have to do is follow a list, and Unnie will be up and healthy in no time," Tzuyu nodded.
"But..." I tried to argue, but Tzuyu cut me off.
"Oppa, don't you want our girlfriend to get better faster?" she interjected.
"I-I mean... Of course, it's just..." I muttered.
"If you do, then you should just listen to her. She knows her body best, so she knows what she needs to get better," she said.

I sighed and closed my eyes. My whole body tensed up and I was admittedly flustered and worried. This would be the first time that I was taking care of a sick idol, and she was the centre of the nation's beloved girl group! What if I made the wrong choice and Nabong's condition worsened? What if she got so sick she could never perform again? And to add on to all of this, Chaeyoung's wedding was literally tomorrow! If Nayeon didn't get well fast enough, she wouldn't be able to attend the ceremony, and I knew that she would never forgive herself for that.