Kyoto Protocol (Part One)

Written by our good friend and fellow author JisoosimpXD

* * *

"Everything packed Momo?" Sana asked as I wheeled my luggage out.
"Yup! I should have everything I need," I replied.
"Ya... What do you mean 'should have'? You must be certain that you have all your things!" Jihyo scolded. I giggled.
"Mianhae, Eomma... I do have all the things I need," I corrected myself. Jihyo smiled.
"That's better," she said.

Minsoo appeared in the foyer.

"Ready to go, girls?" he asked, walking up next to his girlfriend

"Ready!" all three of us exclaimed in unison.

It was the first morning of the new year, and I was flying back to Kyoto to go see my family. In reality, I was literally only seeing my family for a day before spending the rest of my time there alone. I needed some time to reflect on my emotions and actions, especially after that incident in SM Headquarters a few days ago.

"Alright, let's get to the van!" Minsoo said.

He helped to take my other luggage as Jihyo grabbed his arm. He put on his shoes and walked out of the Twice apartment. All the other girls were already away with their families or loved ones. Dahyun left earlier today to go visit her family in Seongnam, Chaeyoung went back to her home in Jamsil with Yori, and Jeongyeon left the earliest with the first bus today to Suwon to rest and recuperate with her family there.

The rest of them... Mina spent last night at home with Ansel, and most likely she was getting fucked by Ansel to kingdom come. Shit. Would she be able to walk after this week? Tzuyu–and much to my disappointment–Nayeon were at the hospital, looking after Nam Chuyoung.

That left Sana, Jihyo, and Minsoo to send me to the airport. Sana was already busy with her IPG stuff when I woke up today, considering that bombshell article about Yeoni and Irene's affair published by Dispatch in the morning. I told her to just go meet with her IPG guys to take care of this problem, but she insisted on sending me to the airport together with Jihyo and Minsoo, and eventually I relented.

We piled into the TWD van as Minsoo started it up, making the engine roar to life. He pulled out of our car park and exited the complex, driving us to Incheon International Airport. I looked out the window as we drove through the quiet new year's morning traffic and let my mind wander. I guessed we needed some time apart from each other after the whole contract situation last year. At least we had all signed our contract extension with JYPE. That settled it.

"Excited to see Otosan and Okaasan again?" Sana asked in Japanese.
"Very. It's been way too long since I last saw them," I replied in my mother tongue.
"It's been almost 3 years, right?" Jihyo asked in Japanese as well. I nodded.
"Hai. Jeez... I think they'll be excited," I replied, smiling.
"G–Girls... I–Is it okay if you guys... Don't speak Japanese when I'm around?" Minsoo suddenly said sheepishly.