I end up having to lay my head in the space between Miles and I which is not nearly enough space since it's a small car. I use my hand as cushioning and hope that it doesn't go numb. I'm not fully asleep yet so my mind is focusing on some faint sounds. It's Miles who has actually fallen asleep and is now gently snoring next to me. I can faintly make out the sounds of various birds even though my mind isn't really focused on them fully. 

After a while I seem to wake up after what felt like an hour or more. As I start to become more conscious of my surroundings I realize that I wasn't sleeping on my hand anymore although it was still slowly becoming inflicted with pins and needles. I was sleeping on Miles' leg. As bony as he is I really wouldn't expect it to be as comfortable to sleep on as it is. How did I even end up in this position.

"Oh great you're up," Miles says as he bops his knee up and down to try and get me off.

"I- How long was I asleep for," I asked pretending to be extremely sleepy to avoid the notion that I had maybe slept on him on purpose which is what he was probably thinking, unless he moved closer and rested my head on him which I don't want to think of as a possibility.

"Like fifteen minutes," Miles raises his eyebrow at me.
"Well I'm going back to sleep then," I say.

"Don't sleep on me again," Miles says firmly, so of course I ignore him.

"Really," he says flatly.

"Yep," I say with an emphasis on the p. He rolls me off of him.

"You're gonna drool on me again," Miles says, shoving me as I shove him.

"What do you mean again, I didn't drool on you," That is so embarrassing please be joking Miles...

"Ok well you could have," OH THANK GOD.

"How did I even end up all the way over there?" I ask, since I am very confident that I didn't unconsciously move that close to him.

"I don't remember," Miles says, brushing off my question suspiciously. I stare at him for a while until he looks at me nervously.

"You moved me didn't you?" I say, raising my eyebrow at him.

"You looked really uncomfortable lying on the seat," Miles responds, his voice going high as his tone turns defensive. 

"You could have just said that instead of making me think I had somehow accidentally ended up there whilst I was asleep," I laugh as Miles shrugs. We talk for a bit before returning to silence once again.

"So do you want to stop for food or something? I'm kinda hungry," Miles asks about thirty minutes later. I had given up on trying to sleep so I was just staring out of the window at the endless blurs of green trees and chain fencing that is supposedly able to stop a car from veering off the road.

"Yeah sure. What do you wanna eat?" I ask. I really feel like something cold like sushi but I doubt that that's the kind of food that he eats. I don't know why but he gives off fussy eater vibes. 

"We could always just stop somewhere random and get some sushi or something, Miss Grose usually doesn't cook that kind of stuff. She's more of a traditional food recipes that have been passed down to her kind of person," Miles rambles on in an oddly cute manner.

"Yeah, good Idea," I reply happily.

I press the little black button and the glass screen slides down so that we can communicate with Alfie.

"Alfie, can you stop so we can get some sushi for lunch at that place ahead, Dinosushi," Miles orders.

"Please," I say since I noticed the lack of manners coming from Miles' end.

🍂Miles Fairchild💀जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें