Chapter 5: Our Friend Lee

Clementine: "I never was. And you left us out here to die."

Carlos: "With all due respect, we gave your little friend here the option to stay with us."

Y/N: "And you thought I'd accept?" Carlos eyes you.

Luke: "Look, guys, bickering isn't gonna help. Did you patch yourself up?" Luke asks Clementine.

Nick: "Where'd you get that stuff?"

Rebecca: "Did they steal from us?"

Pete: "This doesn't change a thing. They haven't done anything to us."

Rebecca: "Says the man not carrying a baby!"

Pete: "Enough already!"

Luke: "Guys, please."

The chatter and bickering of these grown adults made you annoyed.

Y/N: "You left us no choice!"

Clementine: "We're just kids!"

Rebecca: "You coulda just left."

Y/N: "We wanted to." Rebecca eyes you.

Pete: "Relax, Rebecca."

Carlos: "Bring them in, and I'll take a look at them."

Alvin: "Damn lurkers sneakin' around out here..." Alvin admits while scoping the area. "We better get inside."

Luke: "You guys, uh, hungry?"

You and Clementine say nothing as everyone goes inside.

- Now Inside The Cabin -

Clementine and Y/N stand side by side while Carlos inspects their wounds in the kitchen. Luke paces while Nick bites his fingernails.

Carlos: "This might hurt a little."

Clementine: "Ow!"

Luke: "How's she look?"

Carlos: "Well, her suturing skills need some work, but otherwise, I'd say she should be fine."

Clementine: "That wasn't me; it was him." Clementine gestures at Y/N.

Y/N rolls his eyes.

Carlos: "Well, his suturing skills need some work."

Y/N: "Blame Christa."

"So it wasn't a lurker bite?" Luke skeptically asks.

Carlos: "If it was, the fever would've already set in, and her temperature would be through the roof."

Luke: "And what about-"

Carlos: "Same for the boy."

Y/N: "And you can't turn from a "lurker" scratch, even though it isn't one." Y/N adds in, annoyed that Carlos completely skipped that fact over.

Carlos exhales as he pulls out some bandages. He bandages Clementine's arm, then wraps an application around Y/N's head, shielding his eye from any embryones.

Carlos: "The bandage will briefly cover your eye until it heals. Get used to having one eye."

Y/N nods.