The Swamp

We carried on, but we were still unable to find a teacher for Aang. We now happen to be flying above a huge swamp. Katara was reading, Sokka was sharpening his machete, and I was lying down, admiring the sky. We began to feel as though we were slowly falling.

Sokka noticed it, and stopped sharpening his machete."Hey, are you taking us down for a reason?" he asked, but Aang didn't respond. "Aang, why are we going down?" he yelled for Aang to hear him."What? Oh..I didn't even notice." Aang said, coming back to his senses. "Are you noticing now?" Sokka said. Katara stood, worriedly walking near Sokka."Is something wrong?" Katara asked. "I know this is gonna sound weird, but I think the swamp is...calling to me." Aang said. "Is it telling you where we can get something to eat?" Sokka asked. "No, I..I think It wants us to land there."

Sokka looked down, trying to find somewhere to land on. But there wasn't."No offense to the swamp, but I don't see any land there to land on."
He said, shrugging, probably worried about Aang because he might be losing his marbles. "I don't know. Bumi said to learn earthbending, I would have to wait and listen. And now I'm actually hearing the earth." He explained. "Do you want me to ignore it?" He said, as we all looked down at the eerie and an unnerving looking swamp. "Yes." Sokka said with no hesitation. I have a bad feeling about this. "...There's something ominous about this place." I said, as Appa roared while Momo hid. "See? Even Appa and Momo don't like it here." Sokka said.

"Okay, since everyone feels so strongly about this..bye, swamp. Yip yip."  After he said that, A tornado suddenly appeared and started to chase us. Sokka saw it and started panicking."You better throw in an extra yip. We gotta move!" He shouted, as we tried to avoid getting sucked in the tornado. Sokka almost got sucked in but Katara and I quickly held Sokka's hand to prevent him from being sucked into the tornado. Aang then formed a large sphere of wind to shield us. However the tornado was just too strong for Aang to manage, causing the ball of wind losing its power. Then the ball of wind vanished, making us spin with the tornado. It then threw us away. But we all landed safely on the lake.

We all got up, might broke a few of our bones but we're fine. "Where's Appa and Momo?" Aang asked, worriedly. He then climbed up to a tree and yelled for their names, hoping to find them. I looked around for a moment, then I noticed a leech on Sokka's elbow! "Sokka! You've got an elbow leech!" I said, pointing at his elbow."WHERE!? WHERE?!" He screamed. "Where do you think?.." Katara said, crossing her arms. "Why do things keep attaching to me??!" He screamed, trying to get the leech off his elbow. Aang got back down, sighing. "You couldn't find them?" Katara said. "No. And the tornado..It just disappeared." He said, looking deep at the eerie forest.

"We better speed things up." Sokka said, as he cut the vines with his machete, to clear the way. Although, Aang seemed worried about this. "Maybe we should be a little nicer to the swamp." He said, doing a "slow down" gesture. "Aang, these are just plants. Do you want me to say please and thank you as I swing my machete back and forth?" He says, as he slice the vines. "Maybe Aang is right. These place seems..alive somehow." I said. "I'm sure there are lots of things that are alive here. And if we don't want to wind up getting eaten by them, we need to find Appa as fast as we can." He said, as  Sokka sliced the vines.I felt someone watching us, I immediately pierced my shadow, way through the bushes in the direction where I felt someone watching us. But there wasn't anything in there. Weird..

"Did something happen?" Katara asked. "No..I just felt like someone was watching us." I replied, rubbing the back of my neck. "There's no way someone would be watching us, we're the only ones here." Sokka joined the conversation. "I best suggest we should hurry up." We've already gone deep into the woods, the sun had already gone, but still no sign of Appa and Momo. "Appa! Momo!" I yelled. "Appa!" Katara did the same. "There's no way they can hear us and no way we can see them. We'll have to make camp for the night." Sokka said, as a fly got into his face, making him swing his sword trying to kill the flies. The bubbles in the water suddenly popped up gas. "What was that!?" Katara blurted. "Nothing, just swamp gas." He responded. "Look, there's nothing supernatural going on here." Sokka said, disgusted by the smell of the gas. He got interrupted by a human-like scream, we all froze and hugged each other, but It was just a bird.