Chapter 11 - Unveiled Secret

Dani requested from everyone that in short intervals she could video call with them. She got clearance from Krissy with a bribe to be her plus-one in the next two weeks. Being thirty-six weeks and feeling wonderful she continued to work on her project. She was not spared at times when Kristoff would log her off so she could rest. Taking into consideration the time zone difference.

They finally completed the project two weeks before the grand unveiling. Dani had this time to herself. Dani took the opportunity to shop and prepare with Krissy for her baby. She refused the offer of a baby shower as she was still unsure of Sweden's presence. So instead Krissy surprised her and took her out for an evening at her favourite coffee shop where she indulged in the healthy treats she loved. On the way back to the car, she met the person she never wanted to see again. There was nowhere to escape so she chin up and dealt with what came.

The look on his face as he took in her swollen belly showed the surprise and the words voiced she expected.

"Is it mine?" no hello or how are you, just straight to the point as she remembered.

Looking at the man she once loved, she felt the honeydew muffin attempting to show itself on the pavement. Krissy held her hand and she met her eyes to reassure her that she was near.

Chuckling she hid her nervousness and looked square in his face, she was about to answer when a tall brunette strutted across and looped her hands through his. Giving him a quick peck on his cheek, his eyes never left Dani's face.

"Hi." She greeted them, then she looked confused as her brown eyes darted from Dani to Stephon.

"Am I interrupting anything?" she tugged his hand to gain his attention.

He looked at her and a warm, comforting smile broke on his serious face. Dani's heart tugged a little. The last time he looked at her like that she couldn't remember. Krissy felt the difference in the air, and carefully led her away.

"Dani?" he called after her but she continued walking.

Krissy on the other hand laced with disgust responded, "No, Stephon this is not your child."

They both entered the car leaving the bewildered couple.

The drive home was quiet, Dani realized that he had a next woman and Jewel may or may not be in the picture again. Her mind went to Sweden. Was he in another relationship like her ex-husband? Was he thinking about her? Would he ever surface so he could know his child?

A tear rolled down her cheek and she made no effort to dry it she allowed others to flow. Staring through the window she felt her friend reach over and squeezed her hand she returned the motion as both knew what was taking place.

X

A few days later, Krissy came over to spend some time with her, she got a call that one of her patients was hospitalized. She didn't want to leave her.

"Krissy, I will be ok alone today. I will pack at a slow pace. You go and attend to your patient and I will see you later." She hugged her best friend urging her out the door.

Krissy hesitated but she wanted to check on this patient. She left. Dani didn't reach her bedroom when the doorbell chimed. Rolling her eyes and chuckling she went to the door.

"Krissy what did you forget?" she opened the door and her smile froze as Stephon stood there in the doorway.

"What does he want?" She thought.

The angry look on his face she immediately tried to close the door. He stuck his foot out and pushed the door which made her stumble back.

"Well, well, you are pregnant for the next man. Hmmm, made me out to be the adulterer while you were fuckng another." His words laced with venom, he grabbed her arm and flung her on the couch.