Chapter 6 - Accidentally falling for you

"Thank you, Derrick, I appreciate this information, I will be in touch," Sweden said into his phone.

Ending the call he hung his head in disbelief, leaning on his desk in his office, he clenched the edge of the grand Agarwood, to regain his composure. His heart pained at her news.

He walked briskly around his table and alerted his secretary that all meetings were canceled today because he was needed elsewhere. He took up his belongings and left the office. He tried calling her and when she couldn't be reached, he called his PI, Derrick, and put him on the case. The news was not what he predicted. Fifteen minutes after he left his office,  he arrived at the destination. Parked outside he felt uneasy as he dreaded what was inside.

                                                                                       X

"She is losing blood, we need to get her to surgery. Nurse, please call ahead. This is code red." A doctor instructed.

"Yes, doctor."

Four hours later

In the hospital lobby. Stephon entered and upon seeing Sweden he demanded.

"Jake, what are you doing here?"

"I am more of a friend to Dani than you are a husband." He responded calmly

"She is still my wife and..." he was cut off by the doctor

"Which one of you are relative of Dani Gardner?"

"I am!" both replied

The doctor was not swayed because of the conversation she overheard, professionally she repeated it once more.

"Then that would be me, I am her, husband," Stephon informed her.

"Follow me this way to your wife's room."

The doctor and Stephon walked away leaving an angry Sweden behind.

At that moment Krissy arrived and from the description, Dani told her, she assumed this was Sweden. Looking at him she saw the reason why Dani was so taken by this man. Krissy had to warn herself this was an inopportune time for these thoughts.

"Are you Sweden?" she asked cautiously.

He looked at the woman in front of him, he was not in the mood to be flirted with, so grumpy he addressed her, "Yes, I am. What do you want?"

Seeing his annoyance she quickly added, "I am Dani's best friend Krissy."

Feeling ashamed he covered his face, "I am so sorry, for coming across like that but I am not in a good place at the moment because I don't know how she is and the doctor won't tell me anything," looking defeated he concluded, "Her husband went with the doctor a while ago."

Looking at the man with slumped shoulders she realized their feelings were mutual. She needed to help ease his mind. "You wait here let me go find out any information I can gather for you."

Nodding with a small smile she left him in search of information.

------------------------------------

"What is wrong with her face?" the outburst came from her husband.

The doctor looked at the man dressed in a grey sweater and sweats pants and responded calmly, "Your wife has been in an accident. Her car was totaled and flipped many times. She is very fortunate to be alive and what you are seeing is swelling as we stopped the internal bleeding in time."