Chapter 1 - Into the Thorns.

Scar's eyes scanned the horizon, his hope dwindling with each passing second. Had Bdubs been lying about the castle ruins? The thought was quickly dismissed. Bdubs may be impulsive, but he wasn't a liar.

"Hey Scar! Over here!" a familiar voice called out.

Scar spun around, relieved to see Bdubs waving him over. He quickened his pace towards his friend who was struggling with a thorny bush.

"Stop that, B!" Scar chided, grabbing Bdubs' hands to prevent him from further injuring himself.

"What the hell, man? You can't just go yanking on thorny bushes without gloves or protection," Scar scolded, carefully removing the thorns from Bdubs' skin.

"I know, my bad. But look, there's a path under here. I can see the beige color of the floor," Bdubs explained as Scar tended to his wounds.

"A path? Why would there be a path here?" Scar wondered aloud. "Wait, unless... the castle... is it here?" Excitement surged within him as his hope returned.

With a small dagger from his backpack, Scar carefully cut away the thorns to create a path for them to crouch through. As they entered the passage, Bdubs lagged behind, still nursing his injuries.

Scar and Bdubs had been searching for the castle ruins for 3 days, and now they had finally found them. The ruins were surrounded by a dense forest, and as they approached, they could feel a sense of foreboding in the air.

Bdubs heard a rustling in a nearby bush and swore he saw glowing purple eyes looking at him. Scar didn't believe him and insisted they keep exploring although Bdubs kept asking to go home. They then came to an agreement to split up, with Bdubs taking the east side of the ruins and Scar taking the west.

As Scar explored the ruins, he began to feel a strange presence watching him. He looked around but saw nothing. The ruins were silent, except for the sound of his own footsteps echoing through the crumbling halls.

As he walked, he heard a faint whispering sound, like someone was trying to speak to him. The sound grew louder, and he could make out a voice.

"Who are you?" the voice whispered. "What brings you to my home?"

Scar froze. He looked around but still saw nothing. "Who's there?" he asked, his voice shaking.

There was no reply, only silence. Scar's heart was pounding in his chest. He tried to shake off the feeling of being watched, but it wouldn't go away.

Suddenly, he heard a loud crash behind him. He spun around, but again, he saw nothing. Then, out of nowhere, he was hit with a gust of wind so strong, it knocked him off his feet.

When he looked up, he saw a figure standing in front of him. It was the creature with the purple eyes that Bdubs had seen earlier. The creature was towering over him, with massive white wings coming out of its back.

Scar tried to speak, but his voice caught in his throat. The creature glared at him, its eyes burning with fury.

"You have trespassed on my castle," the creature said. "You will leave now, or face the consequences."

Scar was terrified. He stumbled to his feet and backed away slowly. He didn't want to anger the creature any further. As he turned to leave, he heard the creature's voice again.

"Wait," it said. "Why have you come here?"

Scar hesitated, unsure of what to say. "I'm...I'm an explorer," he said finally. "I wanted to see the ruins and get inspiration for my next build project."

The creature considered this for a moment. "I see," it said finally. "Very well. But you must leave now."

Scar nodded, too frightened to say anything more. He then ran straight out the crumbling entrance of the ruins

As the night wore on, Scar continued to explore the outside of the ruins, determined to find inspiration for his next build project. He didn't know it, but the creature was still watching him from afar, intrigued by the human's persistence.

As the sun began to rise, Scar found a suitable spot to set up camp for the day. He started a small fire and began to sketch some designs for his project, completely unaware that the godly hybrid was now hovering directly above him, staring down with those piercing purple eyes.

Scar felt a chill run down his spine as he looked up and saw the god hovering eerily above him. He wanted to run, to scream, but he was frozen with fear. The ominous being simply stared down at him, silent and unmoving.

After what felt like an eternity, Scar finally gathered the courage to speak. "W-what do you want from me?" he stuttered, his voice barely above a whisper.

The creature's response was blunt and straightforward, as always. "You trespass on my land, and yet you have not fled. You intrigue me, human."

Scar tried to gather his thoughts, to come up with a clever response, but he was too scared. All he could do was sit there, frozen and helpless, as the god continued to hover above him.

As the day wore on, Scar tried to ignore the feeling of the god's eyes on him. He explored the ruins, sketched designs, and even started to build a small structure out of the castle's crumbling stones. But no matter what he did, he could feel the creature's presence, hovering ominously in the background.

As night fell once again, Scar settled down by his fire, trying to block out the feeling of being watched. But as he drifted off to sleep, he had a terrifying realization - when he woke up, the god was still there, hovering eerily above him, staring down with those piercing purple eyes.