Chapter 21 - let's get rid of those shackles

Start from the beginning

'HOLY SHIT IT ACTUALLY FUCKING WORKED-'

'Okay, okay, this is no time to be amazed at this... I have to survive first.'

My swing seemed to have knocked the knife out of her hands as I heard it clatter for a second before just resting on the floor, in response to this she just cracks her knuckles and swings at me, in order for her to not bash in my skull I hold up the bat, which buys me just enough time to step away from her, although this lead to it snapping in two.

'Well... there goes the one weapon I had, although I could just make another...'

I snap my fingers as a idea comes to mind, although I'm not super confident in it, I take my chance and continue walking backwards, noticing that she's getting in position to swing again, once I feel my back against a wall I know exactly what I have to try, so I wait... and wait until she finally runs up to me at speeds I haven't seen anyone go in my life, once she was close enough I quickly head up the wall, barely managing to dodge her once more as she punches a hole in the wall.

'Why do I have to dance with death again...'

'This was supposed to be something fun and relaxing, yet so far I've gotten hit by... something I'll think about later and someone trying to kill me...'

Despite what I thought it didn't take her long to pull her left arm out of the wall and swing at me again, as she did this I saw her putting her right hand into her jacket, out of which she pulled out yet another knife, swinging with it at me, aiming straight for my neck as all this was happening... it felt like time was slowing down for me, a ringing heard in my ear as the only other accompying sound was that of my heart beating.

'This feeling it's... like back then...'

'Back when Gawr took my life...'

I stare at the knife she was using to swing at me, if I wait one more second it'll cut open my throat and that's it for me, when I looked back into her eyes I saw no emotion, it was just... a cold empty expression and at this time... a voice called out to me.

???: "Are you seriously going to give up like this ?"

Time... felt frozen, as everything slowly went to black, the only thing I could see was someone wearing all white with a sort of sheet of paper that had a eye scribbled on it covering their face, as they slowly approached me.

Y/n: "Wait... I remember you... you're the girl I saw with Ina..."

???: "You mean with the Priestess ?"

???: "But why yes that is me... I am none other than the Wahtcher !"

Wahtcher: "Now I'm sure you're curious where you are, so before you ask any stupid questions like I am used to hearing, I'll explain !"

Wahtcher: "Welcome to the void I watch the Priestess from, here I make sure that she lives a great life and does not endanger the very world you live in !"

Wahtcher: "Now I'm sure you wonder why you're here in the first place well... it's quite simple !"

Wahtcher: "In order to protect the Priestess we have to make sure the world is fine and it just so happens that you dying would tip the balance in a very negative way where it would endanger everyones wellbeing, this obviously including the Priestess's !"

Wahtcher: "And I have seen you around enough already and know so many things that you wouldn't expect someone such as myself to know about well... you !"

Y/n: "I'm going to be honest, this is all pretty confusing still, I get you brought me here to protect me or whatever since my death would endanger the world or whatever, but... that's all I understand so far."