"Mal!" I smile stretching my hands above my head as she walks towards the front door where I'm standing.

"Kenny!" She mimics me. After a few more steps she's in front of me and we both wrap our arms around each other.

It's only been a few days since we saw each other last but it's felt like forever.

"Guess what?" I smile when we step apart and turn into the house.

"What?" She matches my excitement.

"I did something crazy," I turn to face her after shutting the front door, leaning back against the door.

"Oh god, what did you do?" She sighs, knowing it could range from I wrecked a car to I bought a new lipstick.

"I got a tattoo," I can't contain my smile.

"You did not! Oh my god! Show me!"

I turn around pulling my ponytail up so she can see it. It still has the clear wrapping on it but you can see it through the wrap.

"It's so cute!" She says on her tip toes behind me, "Did it hurt?"

"A little bit," I say turning to face her.

"Is there meaning behind it?" She asks.

"A little bit, its for everyone I've lost who's had an impact on my life," mainly for my grandmother and grandfather who we lost a few years ago but it's also partially for Connor. And I know it shouldn't be but he still meant something to me.

And based on the look on Mallory's face she knows it too.

-

"Can we do something?" I ask.

Mallory and I are laying on the couch in the living room. We were having a Hunger Games movie marathon but finished the last one about ten minutes ago and have just been laying around scrolling on our phones.

"What do you wanna do?" Mallory asks her eyes still focused on her phone screen.

I sit up, smiling, "Lets go skinny dipping."

Mallory drops her phone on her chest and looks at me from the other end of the couch, "What?"

"It's two am, no one will be on the beach, just a quick dip."

Mallory sits up, obviously thinking about what I'm saying.

"C'mon," I sit up too, "It'll be fun!"

She starts smiling which means she's gonna say yes, and she does. Mal may think I'm crazy, but she loves it.

Plus I'm not always the only one with impulsive ideas, she's had a few too. Sophomore year it was her idea for us to pierce each other. I let her pierce my ear while she made me pierce her belly button, which she still has jewelry in today. How it healed okay, I still don't understand.

We both get up and slip on shoes before I go to grab a set of car keys but neither Trevor's or Jamie's are in the kitchen where they normally leave them.

"Lets hope one of them is up," I say turning to walk down the hallway. I stop at Trevor's door first but I don't hear any noises so I continue to Jamie's. I can faintly hear the TV so I knock on the door.

"Come in."

I push open the door, "Hey," I smile at him.

"Can Mal and I borrow your car?" I ask as he sits up in his bed.

"For what?" He asks cautiously.

"We're gonna go on a drive," I smile.

"A drive where?" Based on his tone he can tell we're up to something.

"The beach, and no you can't come."

"What the hell are you two gonna do at the beach at two am?" He asks starting to get up from the bed.

"Something secret."

He shakes his head as he walks over to his dresser and grabs his car keys.

He walks over to me, "Just don't get arrested."

"No promises," I smile as he drops the keys in to my hand, I go on my tip toes and kiss his cheek, "Thank you!"

I rush back out to Mallory in the living room, holding the keys up, "Lets go!"

She shakes her head with a small laugh as we head out to the car. The drive to the beach is quicker than normal since no one is on the roads.

"Are we really doing this?" Mallory says standing beside me. We're standing under the pier in hopes to be a little bit more hidden just in case someone does come down here. We're also both just standing in our bras and underwear now staring at the water.

"Yolo, right?" I look over at her as I reach behind my back and undo the hook on my bra.

"Yolo," she sighs like she's still trying to convince herself this is a good idea. But she follows my lead and undoes the hook on her own bra.

As fast as we can we both toss our bras and underwear on our other clothes and rush into the water. It's not as cold as I expected but it's still a shock when I dive in.

"Oh my god," I'm laughing as I come to the surface, pushing my hair out of my face.

"Its kind of nice," Mallory says floating a few feet away from me.

We end up staying in the water for a while before we both decide to get out, which is when we realize we forgot to grab any towels. So we slide on our dry clothes, instantly soaking them and the seats of Jamie's car on the drive back to the house.