Chapter 2.1: Kushida's Master?!

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, with a quick movement, she slammed her hand down on the desk, producing a loud thud.

"You just got me killed! What do you mean by what's wrong?"

"One of our teammates told me it would heal you if I throw the fireball under you," I explained, showing her the chat.

"This was my rank-up game to bronze! And I was doing so well too," she complained, clearly peeved and disregarding my comment.

"I don't know, but you had 3 kills and twenty-eight deaths, so a K/D of 0.10714286," I commented, not knowing whether I should add more decimals.

In response, Ibuki's eyebrow jittered, and her fist clenched.

"Ignore that," she hissed, scratching her head, though she wasn't the least bit ashamed after such a performance, and continued, "Apologize now," she menaced.

I expelled a sigh and shrugged my shoulders.

"Sorry," I muttered, my tone lacking sincerity.

My final K/D was actually 28/16, which was 1.75, but I didn't feel like arguing about it.

"Do it more sincerely—"

Instead of soothing her, my lack of remorse only served to enrage her further. Suddenly she reached for my collar, her movements swift and fierce.

"No need to get violent," I commented, effortlessly evading her grasp.

"Tch!"

After snarling her tongue, she repeatedly attempted to seize me by the collar. However, I easily dodged all her attempts just like the first time.

Recognizing that there would be no end to this, I rose from my chair, and before she could react, I captured her by the throat.

"Cut it out, both of you!" one of the workers yelled, interrupting our scuffle.

I let go of Ibuki and headed out. Once The two of us left the internet café, I checked the time and realized it was nearly time I meet Hirata.

Let's come back another time. Maybe I should try out Overwatch after Valorant? Let's see.

"You're just gonna go?!"

"Yes, why should I stay?"

"Let's fight it out," she intoned, taking on a fighting stance while her tone of speech and expression was solemn.

She wasn't joking, huh? From the way she tried to seize my collar, I could tell that she was experienced.

However, she had to see the difference in our abilities, so why would she want to fight me?

I think I know what she's after...

"Nope," I flatly declined, not bothering to dwell on it or heed any more attention to her.

"Hah?" emitted Ibuki, taken aback.

She's not so stupid as to really be willing to fight me, so what she wants is...

"If you truly have a choking fetish, please ask your partner to do it. I won't do it again."

"W-What!?"

𝔐𝔞𝔯𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔡 𝔬𝔲𝔭𝔩𝔢𝔰, 𝔟𝔲𝔱 𝔫𝔬𝔱 𝔏𝔬𝔳𝔢𝔯𝔰.

3rd May, 6:30 PM

  "I'm back," I intoned as I entered the apartment, removing my footwear and feeling the cool hardwood floor beneath my socks.